Cheap power Question

jghood13

Oct 2, 2003
NY
I have a Fox body V8 Mustang I picked up for 50 dollars for parts.

1.Would it be worth it to put the upper intake on my car.(should I port it)

2.will fox body equal lenghts work on my 95 gt

3.will march underdrives from a fox work

4.should I swap in the a9l eec and what would it take

• Sponsors (?)

I've never heard of anyone swapping a stock fox intake for a stock 94-95, but it'd make for an interesting swap. I'd be curious as hell to see if going from our stock intake and t-body to a fox intake and t-body would gain anything since this has been a recent hot topic about switching to the fox style t-body. I do not hink the pulleys will work as our waterpump is different, but for as easy of a swap that it is, I'd try it. The headers "should" work, but they will lack the egr on them, and they may brequire you to modify your H/X pipe. The A9l swap has been done by many, but it requires the PIH kit from Pro-M and it is $$$$. I don't think its worth it. I need a stock shortblock if its in good condition and your looking to sell it, along with some other parts like a black rear seat, front and rear GT bumper cover, etc.

The 94-95 stangs have an egr tube that hooks to the headers, and the foxbody stangs do not. Also not sure if the pulleys will work or not. The 94-95 5.0 has the accessories about 1" closer to the engine. The foxbody 5.0 all the pulleys are farther out. Would be worth a shot though.

Killercanary said:
I've never heard of anyone swapping a stock fox intake for a stock 94-95, but it'd make for an interesting swap. I'd be curious as hell to see if going from our stock intake and t-body to a fox intake and t-body would gain anything since this has been a recent hot topic about switching to the fox style t-body. I do not hink the pulleys will work as our waterpump is different, but for as easy of a swap that it is, I'd try it. The headers "should" work, but they will lack the egr on them, and they may brequire you to modify your H/X pipe. The A9l swap has been done by many, but it requires the PIH kit from Pro-M and it is $$$$. I don't think its worth it. I need a stock shortblock if its in good condition and your looking to sell it, along with some other parts like a black rear seat, front and rear GT bumper cover, etc.[/QUOTE

The car was a 4cyl conversion it was done by one of my neibors after another on crashed his 87 gt the car had only 60000 miles on it