CHECK ENGINE light blinks during acceleration.

NOMORECHEVY

May 26, 2005
I'm the original owner of a 1996 Mustang GT and...., while driving on the freeway/highway, I stepped on the gas pedal in order to pass the vehicle in front of me but during the acceleration process the CHECK ENGINE ligth started blinking for about 10 seconds.:shrug: then when back to normal. I checked engine oil and transmision fluid and everything is fine, on the normal range mark. I'm wondering what's going on??
This is the first time this it happens since I own the car. No more blinking light since then. Will appreciate your response and thank you very much in advance:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Not to sound rude.. Because I don't mean to at all,

But try the 4.6L forums... They will know alot more than us because it's a different engine and computer. They'd def. have better answers and be more willing to help.

Anyway...

Good luck with fixing your problem and thanks for stopping by!

:)

hmm dont know much about 4.6l either but i had a 96 s10 and it said in the manual if the check engine light blinks it was a major driveline problem and if it comes on constant is was a sensor. dont know if it has any relation just thought i would let you know...i should have checked my code out because my s10 burnt to the ground and took the front of the garage with it. get the code checked.