Chicago Area Thursday Cruise Night?!

race_ne1

Jul 9, 2004
Warrenville, IL
Hey all,

Cabin fever has finally been broken and Spring is here. The Cobra has been washed and waxed. I was wondering where everyone has been meeting up lately if at all. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Also heading to the SVTOA event on May 20-22 at the new Joliet road course. I was wondering if anyone else is planning on attending. It's an all ford event, not just SVT. Should be a blast. :cool:

http://www.svtoa.com/events/index.asp?sessionguid=&steMbrTypeCode=0

Sean

• Sponsors (?)

race_ne1 said:
Hey all,

Cabin fever has finally been broken and Spring is here. The Cobra has been washed and waxed. I was wondering where everyone has been meeting up lately if at all. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Also heading to the SVTOA event on May 20-22 at the new Joliet road course. I was wondering if anyone else is planning on attending. It's an all ford event, not just SVT. Should be a blast. :cool:

Sean

Yeah I hear ya, I have been having major cabin fever as well!!! I haven't heard yet of anything going on....but I am eager to get something going! I wonder when the Carol Stream Cruise Night starts up.....any idea?

race_ne1 said:
Hey all,

Sean

Hey Sean - I thought you fell of the face of the earth!! Come to think of it mach1grrl ... Have not seen you out either.

There always seems to be something going on but, I am always last to know. We need to set up a meet soon since the weather is getting better! :banana:

WhiteHype said:
Hey Sean - I thought you fell of the face of the earth!! Come to think of it mach1grrl ... Have not seen you out either.

There always seems to be something going on but, I am always last to know. We need to set up a meet soon since the weather is getting better! :banana:

Yeah there were a few meets planned that I was planning on attending but one I forgot about and remembered the next day, haha, and the others I think the weather was crappy or my car was dirty :nonono:

WhiteHype said:
What we need to do is…. convince Bobby to have a gathering at his house to open the season!! It involves everything important – Stangs and beer! :D

There will be one coming soon! :nice:

You need to bring that Pony to the Stang/SRT-4 shootout May 7th at Byron.

R L

mach1grrl said:
Haha yeah now you're thinking!!! Only this year I think I will have my mom drive and I will tag a long with her that way I have a designated driver because waaaaay too much beer was wasted at that last gathering haha!

So True - The better idea would be to let your mom drink and you get to take her car back! :)

GT4RL said:
There will be one coming soon! :nice:

You need to bring that Pony to the Stang/SRT-4 shootout May 7th at Byron.

R L
Bobby - I refuse to take the car to the track without selling the Harley first (mod money). I would hate to loose a run - and then I would have to go out and buy a new car! :banana:

WhiteHype said:
So True - The better idea would be to let your mom drink and you get to take her car back! :)

Haha yes unfortunately she holds her liquor too well :( But I do like that idea :) She is already planning on getting rid of it for the shelby cobra that is coming out...and she is trying to convince me that we could get a better deal if we buy 2...I told her the best deal would be for me to keep my mach AND for her to give me her cobra :D

mach1grrl said:
WhiteHype said:

Haha yes unfortunately she holds her liquor too well :( But I do like that idea :) She is already planning on getting rid of it for the shelby cobra that is coming out...and she is trying to convince me that we could get a better deal if we buy 2...I told her the best deal would be for me to keep my mach AND for her to give me her cobra :D

I thought you gave up drinking. :banana:

I'm itching for a meet too.... Carol Stream this year will be on my way home... I just got transferred up here to Hoffman Estates. :cheers:

MissBlondie said:
mach1grrl said:
I thought you gave up drinking. :banana:

I'm itching for a meet too.... Carol Stream this year will be on my way home... I just got transferred up here to Hoffman Estates. :cheers:

Haha not quite!! Grrr are we ever going to get that drink????? Oh yeah I hate boys again so I need a drink somthing strong!!! haha!!! :D

Aww man that means this year I will have to cruise up there by myself :notnice:

Edit: thought you were working in the 'brook??

mach1grrl said:
WhiteHype said:

Yes - you should tell her that if she does not want it - give it to you. That would be so pimp to have a Mach and a Cobra. :D

mach1grrl said:
MissBlondie said:
Haha not quite!! Grrr are we ever going to get that drink????? Oh yeah I hate boys again so I need a drink somthing strong!!! haha!!! :D

Aww man that means this year I will have to cruise up there by myself :notnice:

Edit: thought you were working in the 'brook??

I was, I just got a promotion and transferred up to Hoffman. The drive sucks but the $$$ is worth it.

I'm ready for that drink any time you are! :cheers:

MissBlondie said:
mach1grrl said:
I was, I just got a promotion and transferred up to Hoffman. The drive sucks but the $$$ is worth it.

I'm ready for that drink any time you are! :cheers:

Congrats on the promotion Jill :nice: I saw you last week, one morning, turning left on 59 from North Aurora. Actually I heard you first :D I was on my way to the train station.

If you're looking for events, head over to www.chicagolandmustang.com. Sign up and check things out :)

GTVert98 said:
MissBlondie said:
Congrats on the promotion Jill :nice: I saw you last week, one morning, turning left on 59 from North Aurora. Actually I heard you first :D I was on my way to the train station.

If you're looking for events, head over to www.chicagolandmustang.com. Sign up and check things out :)

So I'm not the only one out and about at the crack of dawn. :lol:

I'll have to check out chicagoland....

Definitely come check out the CMC, we've usually got something things going on throughout the week. I've met Bobby a couple times, Dyno Day and April 29 at the dub C in Downers (15 Stangs hanging, not bad for a chilly evening).

Hope to see you at some of the meets.
Peace,
Andy