Choosing a Transmisison

Well my 68 mustang came (to me) with a 302 and a FMX tranny. I've since then built up a new 351W and am ready to purchase my tranny. So what do you choose? At this point I'd like simpler. So I'm pretty sure I'm dumping the auto - T5 Conversion idea due to the amount of parts I'd need to acquire. C4 sounds the easiest and has the most parts available to hop it up, and I don't really drive on the highway at all. What about driveshaft? Would that have be changed?

• Sponsors (?)

if the fmx is in good shape i would use it. it is a tough tranny, but as you noted few performance parts are available for it. if you do swap to a C4, it should swap right in place, just make sure you have the right size flexplate for the bellhousing.

The FMX I had in there, was pretty well beat. I guess I know need to start my search for the "perfect" c4. I do understand that the FMX is stronger, but My car isn't going to be having any crazy amounts of HP - don't get me wrong, I'll have some, just not tons. Enough for a C4 to handle.