Classic Elenor Body kit for 05'?

Pakrat said:
The "younger" generation this car attracts we don't really want in the hobby, so don't kid yourself that they are doing anyone any favors. The Mustang has survived just fine all along without it.

That is not a very healthy stance to take on the whole situation. These cars may attract a younger crowd but those younger guys eventually get older and wiser and keep the hobby alive. Yes the mustang has survived all along but It will die quickly when you older guys get too frail to wrench on the beloved stangs without a renewed interest from the young people.

I wouldn't have any problem with the whole situation if Unique performance would buy the shells these "kits" are based on from the company assembling new 69 Camaro bodies. Last I heard the 67 Fastback was next on their list, followed by the 'cuda. At least then if UP bought a Shelby VIN it would be an original "new" car not a re-vinned used car. By the way I thought changing VIN's on used cars so they represent something they were not when they left the factory was illegal. I think the guys at UP and Shelby himself should be locked up for automotive identity theft.

• Sponsors (?)

Pakrat said:
Sure, if you take it out of context like that, I never said we don't want any young enthusiasts in the hobby. I said the kind that suddenly only get attracted to it by high priced riced out movie cars are the kind we don't really want. Getting older does not automatcially make you wiser by any means.

Everyone has something that sparks the initial interest, be it a movie, a memory, a situation, an experience, whatever. To say you are not welcome because you are young and "Eleanor" brought you here is BS.

bishop1911 said:
I just want to add my 2 cents. As far as people not liking the Eleanor car, I believe it is personal opinion. If you don't like it, then don't buy one. For others who do like it, spend the money and buy it or make one. Who cares what anyone else thinks. I want to repeat that again for all to read again, WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS! I know this is stating the obvious, but I feel that the obvious has been overlooked. The Mustang enthusiasts and "purists" should actually appreciate Eleanor and what it is doing for the Mustang. Not only is it getting a younger generation interested in cars, but it is also making certain mustangs more valuble, which I think is a good thing. I firmly believe that anyone who gets angry about Eleanor, has a different Mustang that is not as valuble and has only been overlooked by people because of the popularity of this new star. My thoughts are do not get angry about someone liking something new, even if it is a modified Mustang. This is no different that someone who makes a Shelby Clone, but for some reason, those are accepted. I find this very strange. I spoke with a guy who restores mustangs and he said he HATES the Eleanor cars, but in the next sentence said he has done Shelby clones. I think this is hypocracy in it's clearest form. I personally hate Mini's, but there seem to be a lot of people who love them, and more power to them. Sorry for the long post, but I am sick of seeing posts like this that are very one sided. Freedom of choice is what we are all about here. Instead of being negative, try to be supportive of someone else's interest. Just my thoughts.

yea yea whatever, but keep in mind this rediculous elanore craze is ruining what was once an affordable car hobby amidst a sea of other classic cars that are out of reach. Im friggin sick and tired of every joe blow with a rotted out 67 mustang behind their barn thinking theyre holding willy wonkas golden ticket because they saw a Unique performance elanore sell for big bucks on ebay. I suppose if youre looking to make a buck on a car you own its great,but like most other vintage mustang enthusiasts I dont own mustangs for profit. When those wannabe shelbys are selling for more than the real thing its time to draw the line, would you pay more for a shelby clone than a real shelby? And you say its great cause kids are now interested? I was interested in a ferrari when I was a kid too but that didnt mean I ran right out and bought one. Why? Obviously becuase theyre too expensive, which is my point. I settled for a vintage mustang because it was affordable and it was cool, after 22 yrs Ive had a number of them and loved every one like it was my child. Even if kids are getting interested due to this craze, what good is it when its WAAAAY out of reach? They'll be like me and settle... but in todays world it'll be for a honda instead of a classic car.

Eleanor

This has gotten way out of hand. The plain fact is, if someone likes it, and they want to make this car, don't be a negaive bitch, just let them go about their business without whining about it like women. (no offense to any women here) So the car has become more popular and has therefore raised the price of the 67-68 fastback.....so what. That is the way of things. Should I get mad at the world because all these young teenage punks now want to drive, therefore use more gas, therefore raising the price of gas and affecting me? NO. That is plain stupid. To get mad at someone because they purchase something is insanity. The plain fact is that this mustang, is a REAL CAR, despite what someone said several posts ago. If I can touch it, and get in and drive it, IT IS REAL. The originals had fiberglass on them, and so does this one. The only difference, possibly the engine size and the VIN. The fact is, this is something that makes people happy, so instead of trying to make them feel bad for liking something, put that energy into making yourself a more productive member of society. I do think it would be nice if they were not mass produced. I think it would be nicer if this was a car that "if you wanted, you have to build it". I think then there would be less of them, but whatever. I am certainly not going to get mad at UP for seeing a good business oportunity and jumping on it, or for someone who has the money to purchase one. I certainly do not, but I am an honest person, and I can tell you, if I had the money I would buy one finished. Don't get mad at the people who can afford to shell out the big bucks for cars. I am sick of hearing people whine and say, "because of everyone else, now I cannot buy a nice fastback, and I am a real mustang fan". Well, maybe you out to go get a better Mcjob to purchase it instead of bitching on the internet about everyone else. Sorry if this seems harsh, but I am tired of people faulting others for their own issues.

bishop1911 said:
Should I get mad at the world because all these young teenage punks now want to drive, therefore use more gas, therefore raising the price of gas and affecting me? NO. .[/Q}

Pure genius here folks! Ill give you one thing, youre damn good at offeding people, is it your profession? I really like the looks of the elanore as Im sure about any mustang enthusiast probably does.. its the greed and the hoarding surrounding it that sucks. On that note Im done here, Ive got 25 McChickens in que that Ive got to get made before the drive thru manager gets mad.

Eleanor

Typical.

By the way, I will take a big mac, large fry and a coke.

Anyway, I am not offending people with my words, but I am using words others used in previous posts. Sorry if I offended your delicate senses, but I believe in calling it as I see it. I am just tired of everybody in the world bitching. Everyone has something to bitch about, whether it is not being able to afford something, or getting mad because others can, or being angry because others are influenced by a movie. If one cannot afford a classic mustang, instead of getting pissed off about it and bitching, do something like get a real job or second job to earn it. This is like the fat people of the world who go on talk shows an whine and cry about being fat, but they are the first ones at Ben and Jerry's with a spoon in their mouth. I guess the world has just turned into a bunch of whiny complainers, instead of people who take action and make their own way in the world.

Disclaimer: Since there are delicate people out there I would like to add this disclaimer. I hope this does not anger anyone who might possibly be overweight. I do not mean any harm or offense to anyone out there and if I did offend anyone, I apologize.

bishop1911 said:
Typical.

By the way, I will take a big mac, large fry and a coke.

Anyway, I am not offending people with my words, but I am using words others used in previous posts. Sorry if I offended your delicate senses, but I believe in calling it as I see it. I am just tired of everybody in the world bitching. Everyone has something to bitch about, whether it is not being able to afford something, or getting mad because others can, or being angry because others are influenced by a movie. If one cannot afford a classic mustang, instead of getting pissed off about it and bitching, do something like get a real job or second job to earn it. This is like the fat people of the world who go on talk shows an whine and cry about being fat, but they are the first ones at Ben and Jerry's with a spoon in their mouth. I guess the world has just turned into a bunch of whiny complainers, instead of people who take action and make their own way in the world.

Disclaimer: Since there are delicate people out there I would like to add this disclaimer. I hope this does not anger anyone who might possibly be overweight. I do not mean any harm or offense to anyone out there and if I did offend anyone, I apologize.

So your answer is to bitch about people bitching?? Youre no different pal.. like I said pure genius. These forums are a outlet for people to discuss their cars, hobby and their likes and dislikes regarding it. If YOU dont like us bitching about it.. dont read it, and certainly dont respond telling us how we should feel or what we should do about it. My dislikes of the car or my reason for it has nothing to do with my financial situation.

I'm not sure who makes the kit but I do know what it looks like. I think it looks good on the 67-68 stangs and looks really good on the 05 bodies too. Check out the pictures and tell me what you think:
s4300038jpg0zs.jpg

s4300036jpg9it.jpg

s4300025jpg1df.jpg

s4300023jpg1kt.jpg

s4300018jpg6iv.jpg

Well the pictures are kind of sucky but that thing still looks bad A**!
:hail2: :hail2: :nice: :nice: :hail2: :hail2: :banana: :banana: :hail2: :hail2:

Pakrat said:
Well again, that is not what I am saying but whatever. Just forget it, you are obviously beating me with your experience. :D

Ha, that one was great! If that is not what you are saying maybe you should explain yourself a little better. Because if not you sound a little high and mighty. Which test would somebody have to pass before you would welcome them to the hobby? Is stangnet so far gone that every discussion is taken as an argument or is it just bishop and pakrat that take it that way?

Pakrat said:
Getting older does not automatcially make you wiser by any means.

This is true, you prove it everytime your fingers hit your keyboard.

hey would you guys quit fighting and check out those pictures...us stang guys have a few more years in the light as I hear it, the new Camaro release date has been pushed back to 2007 or 8. I'm not sure if that's true but even being a stang guy who owns 2 stangs that new Camaro concept looks pretty cool.
Now, everyone count to 10, take a deep breath, and check out those pictures I posted above. Thats a sweet ride.
:nice:

Ok I have to agree with bullets, just calm down, so some of us are losing intrest in eleanor, BIG DEAL!!! go in the corner and cry about it, if i had half a chance to own/drive her, id jump all over that in a heartbeat, i DO like that car, but i do agree with the people that say there are a few too many poping up. and im sorry that all of us young teenage "punks" want to drive...i happen to like showing my classic mustang off...and im sure you liked driving your first car...

NOW...BACK TO THE THREAD...ENUF WITH THE ARGUING!!!!

eleanor

TT670,

Clearly you don't understand much of anything. I am not bitching at all, but simply telling all the other whiners to shut the F up. If there is pure genius on this board, it certainly is not you. I think I've got you pegged. Your one of those "fat people that blame everyone else for your problem" huh?

Actually, can I change from a coke to a vanilla shake on that order? I really like the shakes here. And some extra ketchup packets please.

allcarfan said:
original post = spam.
Now that's funny. Talk about throwing a grenade in a room and running away!

I just checked this thread out for the first time -- I knew that with that title on this forum there had to be something fishy going on for it to get this long...

OK, I'll weigh in. I wasn't going to, but here goes.

I build Shelby clones. I'm not a fan of Eleanor, but not for "moral and ethical" reasons -- rather because the media saturation and preponderance of poor-quality replicas has turned my stomach. I loved Eleanor when the movie remake came out, and was excited to see one in the hills above Malibu shortly thereafter (real?). I even have one of the giant cardboard Eleanors from the movie theater display on the wall of my shop. Now if you look at the latest issue of M&F there's a junk Eleanor with a giant feature. You can see the abysmal panel fit in the pictures, most notably the decklid. This comes from simply bolting on the fiberglass instead of taking the time and $ to fit it properly. The openings on the 4 side scoops aren't even cut out! This is the kind of thing that puts me off.

A customer of mine who is building a '67 G.T. 500 clone sold a real '67 G.T. 500 at B-J to do it. See, he loves to drive his cars vs. having garage queens. After an extremely close call that would have totalled the car thanks to a drunk driver he decided to get rid of it and build an exact replica so he wouldn't have to worry about a real Shelby getting destroyed. He was honestly concerned about there being "one less Shelby" on the planet if this had happened. I have seen this happpen a number of times -- a Shelby owner selling it to build a clone so it can be driven more, with less worry.

68rustang said:
Ha, that one was great! If that is not what you are saying maybe you should explain yourself a little better. Because if not you sound a little high and mighty. Which test would somebody have to pass before you would welcome them to the hobby? Is stangnet so far gone that every discussion is taken as an argument or is it just bishop and pakrat that take it that way?

This is true, you prove it everytime your fingers hit your keyboard.

Ok, lets see if I can dumb it down a bit since sign language doesn't work to well online. I would welcome anyone to the hobby, but if the future of the Mustang means that it completely enters the rice world one day only to have all the history forgoten than I would sooner see every last one meet the crusher with dignity intact than suffer that fate. It's fine if Eleanor brought you here but I don't think it's fine if that's all you ever continue to know once you arrive. It is not, should not and will not ever be a true Shelby in the eyes of the enthusiasts yet so many have no clue that anything else even exisits. I see that as a problem, not for me but for the Mustang. You are more than welcome to your opinion on it as I am, we just have to accept that, and I don't care if some 10 post newb is tired of it or not. I am not forcing my opinion on anyone just stating how I feel and no one can say that how I feel about it is wrong. I'm not calling pro-Eleanor people names or making assumptions about their incomes or mental and or physical limitations, so what's the real issue you have?

BTW, everytime? I know for sure that I have helped out more than a few folks over the last 5 yearsw so either you are just being way too defensive or you are way to used to exagerating to compensate for inadequacies. :cheers: