Cleaning the gastank, what to use?

Well after driving less then 200 miles in 2 years my fuel pump crapped out on me. So since I will have the tank out and it has sat for awhile I figured cleaning out the tank would be a good idea.

Is there and special solvents or cleaners for doing this. I don't have the tank out yet so know idea how dirty it really is. Just trying to get a jump on it when it does come out.

The car has been sitting for far to long now. My daughter will be 3 soon and has never even gone for a ride in it. She always wants to go sit in the "racecar" though. So as soon as the tank is cleaned and pump fixed I will order some chrome bullitts with 315/35-17 Nitto DR for the back and 275/40-17 555's for the front, then she can get her ride. then I will :Track:.

• Sponsors (?)

Well it turns out I'm ordering a new tank anyways. Went to fill it with fuel today and the damn thing started leaking all over my floor.

I'm really beginning to think it doesn't want to be inspected this year. With all the money I'm spending getting it running I may not be able to get my Bullitt wheel set this year which pushes the turbo back another year.

Whare's it leaking from? I know it's very common if the big gasket on the tank where the filler tube enters gets dislodged a bit or even splits/cracks it will leak when you fill it.

1 little pin hole you couldn't get a pencil point through. Right where the strainer for the FP sits. The only rust spot on the tank except around the FP and float openings.

On a side note that tank CJ'S has for sale is on back-order. But they did have the better version in stock, should be here tomorrow. i can't wait to get it off the stands and on the road again.

Got the new tank installed. It seems to be a little bigger then the old one. It came with new O-rings and spanner nuts for the fuel pump and sending unit. The hardest part was getting the EVAP and filler neck grommet out.

I changed the fuel filter while I was at it. I feel bad for neglecting her after seeing what came out of the old filter. Hopefully the lines and injectors aren't all screwed up too.