Cleaning Weld Drag Lites

I'm about to pick up some weld drags lites in about 9 hours that are about 10 months old, but the car they're currently on has been sitting for about 5-6 months, because the guy who owns it was deployed...so I heard they are dirty.

So what can you use to clean them? Can you use never dull on them?

• Sponsors (?)

Just wash them with a mild detergent to remove road grime, dirt and debris (helps reduce scratching them). Then use a reputable polish like Mothers. I apply a quick coat of wax on them to make them easier to clean. Weld (formerly Weld) recomends using baby powder to remove fingerprints from the wheels after installation. Hope this helps.

Mothers polish and a power ball will do wonders!!!

Before and afters

Picture036.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Attachments

• Picture036.jpg
    Picture036.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,323
  • Picture011.jpg
    Picture011.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 692
I have a set in storage... But i started cleaning them up before i put them back in... and i used mothers mag aluminum Polish! did it by hand.. and took me probly 5 hours... Just for one wheel and it look better then ever... but if i could i would invest in to a power ball! probly would make things alot easier!

mothers power ball and mothers polish FTW!!!....

not welds..but you get the idea.....

before....
1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheel-4.jpg

after...well still not 100% done still polishing away..

1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheels01.jpg

Attachments

• 1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheel-4.jpg
    1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheel-4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheels01.jpg
    1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheels01.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 186
you have a super coupe :drool: can i see more pics of it?????????

that's going in my sig.....you my friend just made my day..

1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheels00.jpg

1991FordSuperCoupe015.jpg

1991FordSuperCoupe019.jpg

right now i just gotta fix the heat and radio...

then paint this spring factory repaint (maybe dont know it if with be thins spring or the late september yet)

stock for now.... CAI, throttle body, mass air, ported blower, raised top, ported manifolds, custom exhaust, double intercooler ect are my plans.... i want a 13 sec Supercoupe but winter of next year...

Attachments

• 1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheels00.jpg
    1991FordSuperCoupepolishingwheels00.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 1991FordSuperCoupe015.jpg
    1991FordSuperCoupe015.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 1991FordSuperCoupe019.jpg
    1991FordSuperCoupe019.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 191
If the wheels are really bad, the powerball probably won't do much, it'll just make them a shiney dirty. You will probably need a lot of elbow grease.

I used Wicked Products Lightning metal polish which worked awesome.
My friend's dad got this stuff at an International Semi dealership, I guess they use it on big trucks. It makes mothers look like a joke. Mothers works great for mild polishing and upkeep, but you need something more aggressive if it's really dirty. If there's spots and pitting on the wheels, try putting the polish on some 0000 steel wool, and polish it with that, then buff with a rag. It will leave some fine scratches, but will get out the pitting, and the scratches will eventually polish out. Good luck, and post some before and after pics when you're done.

Never Dull is good stuff but takes a lot of work i think....the Power Ball is pretty badass. I've also heard a lot of good things about this Zoop Seal stuff but i've never tried it...it's a little pricey but the guy at the speed shop recommended it to me for Welds a few years ago. http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp

ehh using nevr dull isnt too bad, i spent maybe an hour combined on all the wheels to get them like in that pic, maybe a little longer.