clearence issues

shttygtstang

Jun 2, 2004
i have stock heads.i bought a f303 cam will i have any clearence issues with that cam and stock heads .also i have a head gasket thats 65 thousandths over on the car im doing a big install on a buch of parts in a couple days .can some tell me with no dought yes or no ow ya stock pistons and new valve springs

• Sponsors (?)

Lift has nothing to do with p to v clearance; you should always measure. There's no way around it. Even if it fits in someone else's motor with similar parts, each combo is unique. You gotta measure if you want to know for sure if you have enough clearance. Anything else is just guessing and hoping for the best.

I think that cam and stock heads are a mismatch - it's designed to work with better flowing heads, intake, exhaust, gears, etc. It's also way too much for the stock valve springs - they'll float early. It might make a bit more power if it'll rev high enough before valve float sets in; down low it'll be much softer than the stock cam. My guess is that it will actually lose average power. I wouldn't do it to mine -- but it ain't mine.