Clutch Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taino

Nov 29, 1999
Noticed my clutch just didn't seem right so I looked into it. I have a manual adjusting one with an ajustment nut and another that locks it in. Seems the second locking one is missing so the remaining nut was free to loosen up. Easy fix but finding the proper size replacement nut was a bitch. My question is how much do I adjust it, Clutch was fairly new, replaced Jan of 2011. Last clutch I had lasted me 10 yrs. God knows how long I ran it loose like that and fear without the proper adjustment it could be fried or life span shortened :(

So i tightened it up, it feels solid and it catches a little high maybe 3 inches before the top. Is that pretty average? Don't want to burn it out.

• Sponsors (?)

WOW, What a day. Called in to work so I could get clutch cable adjustment looked at by my mech and run a few errands. He said I adjusted the clutch cable perfectly :) (Yey Me;) I asked him to check the transmission fluid cause I was having difficulty getting into gears at times. Turn out it was very low and we filled it up to specs ( last we filled it was in 03 after I rebuilt engine ) also noticed oil coming down on passenger side of engine? Checked and the valve cover bolts were loose so tightened them down to specs as well. Also tightened up the Header/H-pipe bolts just for good measure, needed a few turns. Charged me $50 for the job !

Was doing a long drive doing a nice 80mph on highway. Noticed extreem Heat coming out of ashtray opening, it was really warm ?????? Transmission overheating? Maybe my exhaust has a leak and warming up that entire area??? This ahppen to anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.