Clutch cable

Mustang4119

May 26, 2004
What will it take to go back to stock cable? I recently put in steeda clutch quandrant kit and where I want it to grab, the clutch pedal will actually vibrate against metal and its annoying. This means the clutch cable is too loose, no idea how to snug it up. I bought the steeda clutch pedal adjuster to push pedal in slighter, works but it keeps getting undone the nut on the back from vibrations and so on. Annoying to go back under and adjust it again. I still have the stock self adjusting cable, dont know if its still good. To use that do I have to take the firewall adjuster out and the quandrant, basically the whole kit.

• Sponsors (?)

i second the stocker, but its not a hard job at all. install the cable and quadrant how you want it, hopefully the cable will be fairly snug. either way once it is all in, use the firewall adjuster to tighten it up. works very nicely. you should be able to leave the quadrant alone if it is where you want it and just swap the cable and add the firewall adjuster. take the dust boot off the drivers side of the tranny and you can see where the cable hooks up. check out maximum motorsports kit, very good stuff. they sell everything you need