Clutch Info

MT1083

Sep 16, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Does anyone know of a site where I can get some good info on clutches and flywheels. I will be replacing them sometime soon and I don't know too much about either. I keep juggling between King Cobra, Centerforce, and Spec. I talked to some guy at Carolina Clutch and he told me that for my application he doesn't recommend me changing my flywheel. He said that a lighter flywheel revs up faster but it also loses that speed quicker than a heavier one. My car will never see a track, so it's mostly a daily driver. He said aluminum flywheels usually work best at tracks because of how you use them. He also didn't think too highly of Centerforce clutches. King Cobra was what he thought I should get. Anyone have comments on any of this? Maybe I will keep the stock flywheel and just get a new clutch kit. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm actually installing it as we speak. I don't have the cash to pay for a motor if it blows up. The KB took care of my savings. I don't wanna take the chance of anything happening to it. I may eventually just to see the time. I've never been to a track before, so I'm 99% certain that I would suck. I am getting a dyno when I'm done though.

If you do a search on clutches, you will actually find out that most people think the King Cobra is crap compared to the Spec stage II. I say either go with that or the Centerforce Dual Friction.

How do you feel about your Spec II? The only thing that makes me worry about Spec is I've heard of people getting a lot of chatter and noise with them. Is that just because it wasn't installed right?

I love my mcleod clutch.Holds my power .Has a nice pedal and feels like stock.

Spec clutches are a 50/50 shot right no.Seems their qc is a little off right now.They are making it right but who wants to do a clutch twice.

clutch packages--http://www.maximummotorsports.com/clutchpackages.asp