Clutch & KB 9psi kit

02mingreyconv

Sep 27, 2003
Bartlett, IL
Yesterday my 9 psi KB kit was shipped. I have the notchy 1-2-3 gear thingy, and I am going to have it fixed before I put in the KB. I am concidering to upgrade my clutch at the same time and I would like to have suggestions/opinions on which clutch to get?

I have heard mixed opinions between the SPEC and King Cobra clutches. Are these any good? What other options do I have?

Also, should I buy a new flywheel or should I just resurface my old one? Or do I even need to do that?

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

02mingreyconv said:
Yesterday my 9 psi KB kit was shipped. I have the notchy 1-2-3 gear thingy, and I am going to have it fixed before I put in the KB. I am concidering to upgrade my clutch at the same time and I would like to have suggestions/opinions on which clutch to get?

I have heard mixed opinions between the SPEC and King Cobra clutches. Are these any good? What other options do I have?

Also, should I buy a new flywheel or should I just resurface my old one? Or do I even need to do that?

Joe

Hey when did you order your kit? Stil waitin for mine...

02mingreyconv said:
3 weeks ago. It would have shipped monday but I changed my setup (went with their big tube kit) and they had to reprogram my chip.

I got another week and a half to...you doing your own install? I heard king cobra was easier on the foot, similar to stock, but I don't know if it's good for a 100+ HP increase. I've got an auto, when it dies, i'm converting to manual. Autos SUCK big time. Only got it cuz the wife wants to drive it.