clutch pedal popped..

• Sponsors (?)

MyBad70 said:
so i was goin to the corner to get beer, when i got back here, in the driveway,pushed the clutch in to take it outa gear and it popped.. now its on the floor. lol my damn luck. so what would this be...quadrent? its something by the pedal im guessing as its never slipped:shrug:

Mine did the same thing and it turned out to be the cable. Nice sig. :nice:

cenok is family said:
don't feel bad, i just broke my clutch cable today, 10 mins after i got my car running after putting in a new clutch and transmission. :bang:

Dude, I feel for ya, it totally sucks. I had my gears put in by a Ford mechanic who's a friend of mine, and when I was on my way to pick the car up, all excited like, he calls and ask if I have had trouble with the clutch slipping. So I've had to wait since last Oct. 5 to drive this thing after I finnaly got time to put a clutch in. Now I'm still going through breakin on the new clutch. I want to crush the gas pedal so bad, it's fuggin' killing me!

9 Deuce GT said:
Dude, I feel for ya, it totally sucks. I had my gears put in by a Ford mechanic who's a friend of mine, and when I was on my way to pick the car up, all excited like, he calls and ask if I have had trouble with the clutch slipping. So I've had to wait since last Oct. 5 to drive this thing after I finnaly got time to put a clutch in. Now I'm still going through breakin on the new clutch. I want to crush the gas pedal so bad, it's fuggin' killing me!

haha yeah man it's just one thing after another. initially i just thought my tranny was broke so i bought a new one and as im going to put it in, i notice metal shards in my bellhousing and come to find my clutch is destroyed too, as well as the pilot bearing. so i had to order a new clutch and wait for that to get in the mail and the whole time i cant get the pilot bearing out because just the race was stuck in the end of the crank (the guts of the bearing all fell out) and i have to dremel it in half to get it out. NOW it's the friggin clutch cable!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: so frustrating...

there's even more that im not gonna get into, such as when i went to buy my transmission, the guy decides to take it apart so i can look inside and make sure nothings broke(which was nice), but then couldn't figure out how to get it back together!