clutch question

i just noticed today that when i push my clutch pedal in all the way, i can hear the clutch still spinning. its like a smooth surface rub sound (sorry only way i can describe it). also i noticed lately that sometimes i have to use a little more effort to shift into each gear. but when i get it into gear, it does not slip out. could this mean that i need to adjust my clutch cable, or that the cable has stretched? much help with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

take your toe and pull up on the clutch pedal then push it all the way to the floor....do this a few times it should self adjust if that is the issue...i just had the same issue with mine and thats how it started it ended being a throwout bearing....if it doesnt quiet down after the adjust get underneath the car and look at where the clutch cable sits into the clutch fork there should be a slight amount of play but not enough that you can slide the end of the cable out of where it sits into the fork with little force...if its adjusted properly it should take a little bit of pressure to get it to come out...if you get under there and it seems good plan on dropping your trans....

take your toe and pull up on the clutch pedal then push it all the way to the floor....do this a few times it should self adjust if that is the issue...i just had the same issue with mine and thats how it started it ended being a throwout bearing....if it doesnt quiet down after the adjust get underneath the car and look at where the clutch cable sits into the clutch fork there should be a slight amount of play but not enough that you can slide the end of the cable out of where it sits into the fork with little force...if its adjusted properly it should take a little bit of pressure to get it to come out...if you get under there and it seems good plan on dropping your trans....

about a month or so ago i did notice a chirpping sound coming from the trans, which is more than likely the throwout bearing. if the throwout bearing completely went bad could this be the culprit?

yeah i like the call the sound a dying chipmunk as my car does this now...i should actually be in bed seeing as im replacing the entire clutch kit tomorrow...haha yeah if its making that sound and its adjusted right its the throwout bearing...and if you installed the clutch yourself take a look at the fly wheel next time youre in there it may need resurfacing before you install the new clutch...or it could be cheaper to just buy a lightweight one. your call.