Cobra/4 Valve Parts List

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
Starting to accumulate parts for the new ride. The car is basically a blank canvas at this point with just a catback and CAI.

So far I have picked up a Tri-Ax to compensate for the boat it feels like I'm rowing each time I shift and I'm looking at small things I can change now with an eye towards the future. I am probably picking up a UPR offroad X pipe locally for a good price but I can't decide if I should go MIL eliminators or save up a bit for the tuner I will need eventually. Opinions on these 2 options? I've heard the new tuners can't turn off the 02 sensors as well.

I basically would like to turn the car into a termi but in the 96 shell and I know a few people have done this swap, maybe not on here but on other forums. Would it be best to just suck it up and find a donor car for the 10k range? I want to swap the top end/heads/crank from the motor but still use the teksid block and I would also want the T-56 and the IRS as well.

As I said its definately a long term project but I want some stuff done now while others can be done down the road. Thoughts, opinions, ideas welcome.

• Sponsors (?)

WTF no pics!?!?!?

Why not just build it little by little over time? Accumulate the parts as you go, so you can still enjoy driving the car.

When I get good pics you can best believe I will be posting pics up, all I have as of now is cell phone pics.

You're probably right about modding it. I just got a promotion at work do extra funds.

Why not buy an 03/04 Cobra and save all the butchery?

That's what I've thought of already. I'm still undecided about the IRS vs sra. The only thing holding me back on the termi top end is that the stock hood won't clear the supercharger.

Are mil eliminaters a must or would a tuner simply fix this issue wit an offroad x?

I know everyone say's 4.10's with 4v's and if I was eventually going to stay NA I would go 4.10's as this car would simply wake up with them. Saying that, would 3.73's for a KB or Eaton be a good setup? I wouldnt want to go more than that for sure. Any other gear recommendations for a twin screw?

No further input until pictures are posted....:D

Well, I just got a check engine light in the car so that will be the first thing I need to address before said pictures. Here are a few more pics to satisfy those car leg humpers Kornnut AZmustang98

DSC_0007-2.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg