Cobra Brakes In...Now Have MAJOR Clearance Issues

Ok, I have everything finished and brakes seem to work great. The issue I am having now is that the front tires are actually resting on the fenders. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and I am sure that is the culprit. I need to make some suspension adjustments. Any suggestions? I was thinking Maximum Coil Overs and being able to adjust the front ride height. Opinions and experiences?

Thanks

CIMG0811.jpg

It is hard to tell but the inside of the tire is touching the inside of the fender well.

CIMG0809.jpg

I have some Maximum Motorsports Lower Control Arms. I am going to use to adjust the ride height of the rear. It is a little bit to heigh for my taste.

• Sponsors (?)

The tires are to tall? They are the stock size off of a Cobra, I have seen this exact combination on many other Fox's without any issues. What size do you suggest? What do you guys think of the coil overs?

im always down for coil overs, love mine but in this case i think it would just be a bandaid as you would just adjust ride height higher to keep from touching, 275's fit OK with your setup cause i had the same and they fit, but i had coil overs and the height was adjusted to help clear them, you have a few options, loosen the strut bolts and see if you can push the spindle inward a bit may gain you some clearance, if not you may need to stretch the fenders to get them to fit properly

+1 on the 275s I have 245s on the front of mine with similar springs and no problems. I have 275s on the back and they rubb a bit even with the fender lips rolled. That 275 is a wide tire can you try a 245? Good Luck

275's up front is awsome, rolling your fenders only prevents the fenders from destroying your tires, coil overs would move the ride height up to keep the tires from rubbing, if you like the 4x4 look then go for it
notice the height of the car
PICT0011-1.jpg

My tires are inside of the fenders already. The ride height is to low it can be raised at least 2" and still be "slammed". I am thinking a combination of Coil Overs and a narrower tire should be able to fix my issue. Plus I can level out the car front to back. Your front fenders have a lot more gap than mine does, I wonder why that is? My tires tuck under the fenders.

if you go with like 245/45/17 rather then the 275/40/17 you will lose a lil more then a inch of width from the tire so that may help

What year car do you have anyway. in 91 they made the fenders different to accomodate for the bigger wheel and tire size.

Pics are on my home computer, but I once had Eibach Pro's and they were not near that low up front. I had 98 Cobra's (17 X 8) with 255/40's. On mine, I only installed the top isolator. The bottom crumbled when removing it from the factory spring. If needed, I can post a pic tonight.

Did you re-use or replace your isolators? If not, installing upper and lower isolators will probably raise the front almost 1".

275's are huge on the front.

I have the same setup with Ford C springs which are just as low. I run 235's though. The tire tuck nicely into the fenders when i tested the range of motion without a spring in place. Just clears nicely.

On a 17x9, might want to try 245's.