Cobra Brakes

• Sponsors (?)

the setup you posted will increase width, yes. even the 94/95 spindles do a bit. if you have the right wheel offset you can make em work, but the 94/95's are a bit easier to work with.

I think I can deal with the increased width. The only thing I'm worried about is the increased bumpsteer. I'm trying to think of how I can correct this. Any ideas are welcome there

The bumpsteer will be the least of your worries, increasing the front width is going to limit wheel choices.
Use 94/95 spindles.

For bumpsteer, steeda, MM and others have adjustable bumpsteer tire rod ends.

Why would the increased width limit my wheel choices? I'm just wondering. Not arguing haha

There are only so many different offsets available. Most companies are done designing wheels for cars this old so you have to pick something off the shelf. 96 spindles can be an expensive experiment, but 94/95 are close enough to stock fox that any original offset wheel should work.
Most people do not use the wider spindles, so when you come here to ask what wheels to buy that won't rub, you aren't going to get many answers, if any at all.

If your wheels are too far inward, you can always use a spacer to push it out.
But if the wheel sticks out too far and rubs there is no solution other than new wheels.

Same reason i tell people not to do sn95 axles on the rear.

Another thing, that setup is no steal.
I got new bullit calipers and pads for like $180, Spindles for $125, new brembo rotors $125.

Used that setup is worth like $250.

So my plan to run a complete axle from a 94-95 car is a bad idea also? Haha I'm planning on running factory Bullitt's with a 275 on the back with a complete sn95 rear end. And I know that Ebay listing wasn't a steal. It was the first example I found though for this thread.

So my plan to run a complete axle from a 94-95 car is a bad idea also? Haha I'm planning on running factory Bullitt's with a 275 on the back with a complete sn95 rear end. And I know that Ebay listing wasn't a steal. It was the first example I found though for this thread.
I'd find it very unlikely that combo of parts in the rear would work.
Sticking with the fox width is a sure thing, anything else is a gamble.

I just don't see 1.5" making a huge difference in the rear. I could be wrong though.
Lol, that is a massive difference, that's like saying a car that runs a 14.0 is about as fast as one that runs 12.5.

Ranger, any amount difference matters.

No matter how you slice it, cost is about the same to do it either way, so might as well keep the fox width and leave your setup room to change.

Price isn't a huge concern. I was just looking at the 94-95 axle since it already has disc on it and was 1.5" wider. In my head, it would work pretty good. But, I'm wrong about that since the axle might be TOO wide.

Here's a copy and paste of the parts list i sent to someone.
I consider this the best way to do it, and if you shop well, it's fairly budget friendly.

94/95 spindles, 93 cobra or 94/95 mc
cobra/bullit pbr front calipers
SS brake lines that go from the stock lines to the new calipers.
Gut stock valve, use motorsport plug
Summit prop valve on P side cowl panel (same as wildwood, way cheaper).
Either 94/95 ball joints or stack of washers to fill gap (i did it this way, you will understand once the project is under way).
Northracecar.com brackets for the rear. Specify cobra (vented) or v6/gt (non vented). Either way they are really the same.
94+gt/cobra/v6 calipers and brackets. (if you go vented with v6/gt calipers you must use a chop saw to widen the brackets.
Ford racing E brake cables, there are two sets, just make sure you get the right ones.

Go which ever way you like, there's more than one way to skin a cat, but i consider this the wisest way to go.

The 94-95 spindles will add some width but is the way to go. I am able to run 17x8 2000 gt wheels without any issues up front. For the rear, the 94-98 rear axle will fit just fine. It will add 1.5 inches but you won't run into any rubbing with 17x8 2000 gt wheels which is a 24mm offset i believe. I am running a cobra IRS in mine which is 3 inches wider than the stock fox axle. I get a little rubbing but nothing that can't be massaged out.
Pic with cobra IRS
DSCN1478.jpg

Kevin