cobra front fascia

hsean

10 Year Member
Jul 24, 2006
dearborn,michigan
i just bought an original 93 cobra front fascia and it is in excellent condition.it came with the cobra insert as well.my question is i have an oportunity to buy a brand new non ford 93 mustang front fascia and was wondering what the fitment issues would be like.i am making my car into a mclaren clone except for mine is a t-top car and i want to put the mclaren emblem on the front.i would hate to put it on an actual cobra bumper and may consider just doing a cobra clone since i have all the parts now.i also got the cobra side skirts as well today oem and not the cervinis stuff.i guess i should make this a poll cobra or mclaren but anyway i will post some pics tomorrow of the parts i got.

• Sponsors (?)

Very hard to come by Mclaren peices.

And doubt anyone would recognize a mclaren anyway outside hardcore Fox body enthusiasts

Exteriorwise, they are LX convertibles with tack-on side and rear skirt, GT turndown exhaust, modified GT taillights and a GT front nose with a MClaren plate on the grill. Plus there's all the custom mods made to the top to make it look mercedes-like

Gonna be VERY hard to locate a lot of those parts...including the custom door and console peices.

Not sure a mclaren clone would be possible with a hard-top
174_7480.jpg

Very hard to come by Mclaren peices.

And doubt anyone would recognize a mclaren anyway outside hardcore Fox body enthusiasts

Exteriorwise, they are LX convertibles with tack-on side and rear skirt, GT turndown exhaust, modified GT taillights and a GT front nose with a MClaren plate on the grill. Plus there's all the custom mods made to the top to make it look mercedes-like

Gonna be VERY hard to locate a lot of those parts...including the custom door and console peices.

Not sure a mclaren clone would be possible with a hard-top
174_7480.jpg

that's just the thing i have the mclaren front and back emblems and the center console and armrests.i just need to pick up the interior badges for the door and the courtesy lights as well that are on the armrests.i also have the mclaren rear taillights . these parts are ridiculously overpriced and i have been collecting these for over 2 years now.asc mclaren planned to make a hardtop version back in 87 but decided against it for some reason.i love one of a kind cars and all my cars have been one of a kind.i may just make this a cobra clone because the mclaren emblem doesn't look like it covers the whole cut out in the front fascia.sometime in the next few hours i will post pics

that's just the thing i have the mclaren front and back emblems and the center console and armrests.i just need to pick up the interior badges for the door and the courtesy lights as well that are on the armrests.i also have the mclaren rear taillights . these parts are ridiculously overpriced and i have been collecting these for over 2 years now.asc mclaren planned to make a hardtop version back in 87 but decided against it for some reason.i love one of a kind cars and all my cars have been one of a kind.i may just make this a cobra clone because the mclaren emblem doesn't look like it covers the whole cut out in the front fascia.sometime in the next few hours i will post pics

WHy not just make it your own car? I like mclarens, but the average person isn't going to know what you just built. Install the peices you have, but maybe change up a few things and run the cobra front with the grill insert?

Let's see your car anyway. I love t-top cars

WHy not just make it your own car? I like mclarens, but the average person isn't going to know what you just built. Install the peices you have, but maybe change up a few things and run the cobra front with the grill insert?

Let's see your car anyway. I love t-top cars
that is looking like the way i am going i love the cobras and i love the mclarens so probably cobra on the outside and mclaren on the inside minus the mclaren badging .as far as my car it is a shell right now but i will post pics anyway i hope to start building it next year.i will be having the bottom of the car sandblasted in the next couple of weeks .i will then start to rewire the car and shoot it next year.

here is a dilemna that i have although a good dilemna i had bought the cervinis style front fender ones you see in this pic.the oem cobra ones don't fit the fenders that i have being they are 1987 fenders.i guess the cervinis ones fit 1987-90 years and the oem ones fit 1991-93 fenders.right now i am leaning on selling the cervini ones fenders and buying the 91-93 fenders.what do you guys think?l

What wheels you want to run? Might be in your interest to sell the pre 91 fenders and extensions and run the larger 91-93 fenders

if you run 17" wheels, you'll want the larger fenders

What wheels you want to run? Might be in your interest to sell the pre 91 fenders and extensions and run the larger 91-93 fenders

if you run 17" wheels, you'll want the larger fenders

i will be buying a couple of cobra 93 fenders off the same guy i got the cobra kit from. i spoke with him this morning and i will be picking them up on friday.i am going with 17 inch wheels possibly the 93 cobra directional wheels since i am staying 4 lug.i would think of going 5 lug but i have brand new front disks ,brakes ,calipers set up already.i may have a company here in michigan make the lip deeper in the real wheels.