Cobra Killer Kit

• Sponsors (?)

His numbers are probably higher for a couple reasons. For one I think he has bassani headers, He has the Novi 2000 which flows a little more cfm(plus if the restrictor (spell?) was removed he probably has a little more boost,) and most importantly I think he actually had Tim(cobra killer) give him a custom tune.

yellow2kgt said:
His numbers are probably higher for a couple reasons. For one I think he has bassani headers, He has the Novi 2000 which flows a little more cfm(plus if the restrictor (spell?) was removed he probably has a little more boost,) and most importantly I think he actually had Tim(cobra killer) give him a custom tune.

Good point yellow2kgt.....

The Cobra Killer kit is the best kit aviable right now. Tim has spent alot of time developing it and has yet to lose a motor. He has satified customers all over the US and in other countries as well. With his kit you get his customer service, good espically if you are going to install the kit yourself. You can call him any time with questions.

People are willing to frive to Georgia from New York to have Tim tune their car, he is that good. Soon Tim will be a hugh name i the Mustang world, bigger than he is now, for his development with this car.

Go with the Cobra Killer kit and you will be very happy.

Is the Cobra killer the same as the mongoose kit?
how would you guys compare the Cobra Killer kit to a Kenne Bell?
Is the cobra killer safer? better reliability and driveability than the Kenne bell?
any good tuners in NJ for this kit?

Ill just say this.
There are a few different kits out there all making good power,but there is no customer service Ive seen like Tim's!!!!!!!!!!

You tell me if saving $100.00 is worth arguing on the phone with a company after you purchase????????

With Tim you dont have any issues........Hell fix or make it right after you buy...........unlike some other company's!!!!

mustangmike23 said:
when does the boost kick in? Do you feel a difference in the low end at all? or is it all high end?

Low end feels normal unless you hammer it, then be prepared to loose traction in 4th on a cold night. On the drag strip, I have no traction in 1st-3rd due to the power, but man when it hooks, you're gone.

I wouldnt fuss for 100 but ive heard people getting it for aorun 2900-3000 thats almost 1k less you know...Plus you gotta count in sendin him the ecu and the pump and the downtime on the car while you wait for parts...Im not doggin him or anything I find this kit to meet my needs in every way but because hes in georgia it adds some complications and the cost is high too

NewbStang said:
I wouldnt fuss for 100 but ive heard people getting it for aorun 2900-3000 thats almost 1k less you know...Plus you gotta count in sendin him the ecu and the pump and the downtime on the car while you wait for parts...Im not doggin him or anything I find this kit to meet my needs in every way but because hes in georgia it adds some complications and the cost is high too
If you want to make big hp, be prepared for complications. Anyways, I'm not understanding what complications you are talking about? You mail Tim your computer, he reflashes it, he mails it back. What's the complication? You're car will be down longer than that while you wait for Steeda to mail you your pumps back, b/c you HAVE to send Steeda a core.

As for Tim's kit, I stand behind it 110%. I actually have a different kit than what he offers on the website. I have 42# injectors and a 90 mm MAF. I sent him my computer and he reflashed it. I drove the car out to Atlanta, and wouldn't you know that Tim had it perfect the first time. I had an A/F ratio of 12:1. He actually richened it up a little bit more. I made 372.7hp/374.5ft-lbs with a powerpipe and stock Vortech pulley.

i was thinking 3k when i decided to start putting money away for a kit..I guess I need more time then...Im not all about hp...I have a daily drive car that I want to feel safe about and that is what i hear about his kit...jsut want to hang with the cobra's

mustangmike23 said:
Is the Cobra killer the same as the mongoose kit?
how would you guys compare the Cobra Killer kit to a Kenne Bell?
Is the cobra killer safer? better reliability and driveability than the Kenne bell?
any good tuners in NJ for this kit?

Good question ... You can get the Cobra Killer kit with the Vortech setup... or the "Viper Killer" kit with a 9psi Kennebell :D And don't need any tuner for it.