COBRA MOTOR

94GTHO

Jul 21, 2005
Richmond, Va
Have been working and saving and now have about $3000 to play with. I am dead set on getting a 96-98 cobra engine swap. Does ANYBODY know of where to find a used one, what all is needed, and so on? I really want to get this project rolling so please help me out. Thank you for taking your time to read this. :)

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a 96GT will a blown motor and was planning on putting in a 96-98 cobra engine. I'm not going to have the money to complete a cobra engine swap and decieded to go with a PI engine swap.

You can use your GT PCM but will have to have a tune because the cobra engine has IMRC which opens butterfly vavle in the intake manifold at 3250 or so for better gas mileage and more low in torque.I done some reading on this swap but never found all the info I needed. Motor will fit fine, use cobra wiring harness and GT computer so your PATS will still work and the info above will be needed from tune or you will not have the full potential of the swap.

Pretty easy swap if you have a 5 speed 2v.

Cobra Engine
Coolant Hoses
Throttle Cable
Xcal 2 with 4v tune
Splice extend few wires
96-98 Cobras need imrc deletes or wire them open
Maybe new xpipe

one..
The price of the engine could net you a super chager
NOT every mech. can do the swap
And patience waiting for all the crap to come together....

Just some of the bS ive heard around the guys I run with

i keep telling myself that i'm going to go 4v... but i keep writing checks for 2v parts:bang: ... make sure you post how much you paid for everything and maybe a little writeup with you get all done..

I did a write up on mine ...If I can find it..??

A hell
3000gs for the engine with 12000 miles, and harness and computer wich I didnt need
New clutch and flywheel
opped for the focus fuel pump and 24 lb injectors

1200gs for the install by my mech
and another couple hundrerd for the 3:90's wich are now 4:10s
wiring was cake and NOT HARD...

300+ For new catted xpipe
throttle cable was easy install

overall after all was said and done with a tune it was around 5000gs..

Thats for everything you need to drop one in.. I added much more since she was out of the car and mine total'd around 7000 grand