COBRASK8 Update

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Hi All!

(BTW, I'm in the right forum, yes? :rlaugh: :rlaugh: )

Progress on the roadster is going along fine, maybe a little slower than I want, but progressing!

Motor is almost ready, all the F.I. is off, and it now has an Edelbrock Performer 289 Manifold, Holley 600 CFM carb, Unilite ignition. When swapping over, I found the inside of the motor clean, no sludge, happy looking, so no internal surgury for now.

8.8 rear has been converted to 5-Lug, 3.55 gears, and rear disc brakes from the SN-95 Mustangs. Used the Ranger axles, and custom brackets for the brakes, actually quite easy!

Starting to install suspension on both ends, plus some chassis aluminum work. the body is hoisted above from the ceiling, I made a custom internal buck for the bosy to rest on!

attached a few pics, I'll post more as the project continues!

Dr. Chepsk8 :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

You should see the driveway! What a mess! Pretty much guarenteed I have to seal it this summer! Used up a whole 5 Gallon bucket if industrial strenght cleaner! Funny how no more grass grows next to the driveway! I think that was the second shirt I wore during the process! what a mess!

Well, BBFCM, kids, house, and a girlfriend do tend to divide up my time. I just got in some needed parts, so hoping to get more done now!

Well, finally started to install the suspension on both ends, and finish building the brakes. I'm also doing some of the aluminum interior panel work, riveting to the frame. Motor is done, just waiting for $$ for a specific oil pan for road racing.

I leave Thursday for the annual SAAC convention, so I'm taking a breather until I return, then plan on getting at it heavy!