coil over conversion on the street?

• Sponsors (?)

There fine on the street, i would reccomend not running the 14" spring package though. They rub on the top of the sleeve, and the 14'' spring is too long. I went from a 14" 175# to a 12" 150#

I wouldnt hesitate to use them on a daily driver

i guess the part that is concerning me isnt necessarily the ride as long as its not a log wagon i actually prefer a firm ride. its lowered 2" now and is firm but not "rough". i just have some concern about the aluminum threaded sleeve that slides over the strut body wearing excessively. either of you notice any ? how long have you been running them?

i bought the whole UPR kit ...K-member A-arms and coil overs along with two extra sets of ball joints since they use their own . so i should be good then. ill have to look and see what spring weight i have though, that im not sure on. i actually bought the kit for one of the other cars but have decided to use it on the coupe. may have to get different springs worst case.

Yep, I've been using the UPR parts on the street for years. No problems, just like everyone else here said.

i bought the whole UPR kit ...K-member A-arms and coil overs along with two extra sets of ball joints since they use their own . so i should be good then. ill have to look and see what spring weight i have though, that im not sure on. i actually bought the kit for one of the other cars but have decided to use it on the coupe. may have to get different springs worst case.

If the springs have not been installed on a car and you want different ones, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

i went with the steel caster camber plates rather than the billet aluminum. (also UPR) but the springs i have are in fact the 14" 175lb. so it is recommended to go with the 12"" spring due to a rubbing/clearance issue with the sleeve? i havent had any of this kit on yet,its just been sitting in the garage. had planned on doing it this winter so i have plenty of time t get any additional/replacement pieces. looks like springs may be my only kink as of right now.

I've had both and didn't get any of the rubbing noises from the 14" springs, but I do have 12" on my car now. If your 14s are new in the box, you can call Jeremy at 561.588.6630 and ask him to swap you for a pair of 12s.