Coilover Install For Newbbb

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Ok guys I need some help. I just want to make sure I am doing this right. So I got a set of used front coilovers so they had no instructions. They are QA1 struts with the threaded bodies. I've found some instructions online for them and also have instructions for my UPR caster camber plates, but it seems like the coilover instructions dont go with the cc plate instructions, and the cc plate instructions are for standard struts. So the main question I have is the CC plate instructions says to put the large spacer over the strut rod underneath the CC plate. When I do this, the strut rod is not long enough and does not go through the CC plate. Is it ok to just have the top plate on the coilover rest on the bottom of the CC plate? That's pretty much it. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Here is how I have it installed now if this make sense.

coilover-1.jpg

It has to be there? The instructions say to put it there but when I tried with the spring all the way down it wasnt long enough. I guess, I'll have to try again.

you should have 2 spacers.. a short and a long both with shoulders on them i had to run the shorts on the bottom and one with out a shoulder on the top. but i did these like 3 years ago i can remember everything on them. maybe Sharad will come by and refresh my mind on what all comes in the package

I know what came in the kit, I bought it...There are 3 spacers. On large one that is tappered at the top that goes under the strut tower, and 2 different sized ones that go on top under the nut. The instructions say to put the large spacer under the strut tower on and use the top spacers if necessary. What I am saying is when I use the large spacer under the strut tower the strut rod is not long enough to come out the top of the strut tower.

lemme look at how i did mine this week and i'll let ya know. i know i had an issue getting the shouldered bolt getting it to seat in completely a few times.

Ok, thanks, cause what I did was tapped the spacer into the bottom of the bearing plate, and then tried to slide the strut rod through it, but wouldnt poke out the other side.

Ok, thanks, cause what I did was tapped the spacer into the bottom of the bearing plate, and then tried to slide the strut rod through it, but wouldnt poke out the other side.

I'd have to see an actual photo or video of this. The strut shaft should easily poke through the spacer/bearing. If you can't post them up here, I'll PM you my cell number and you can text me photos directly, if you want.