cold air intakes!?

CanadaStang said:
Hate to tell you this, but if you pop the snorkle/silencer off the stock intake, it sounds the same, it just doesn't look as purdy.
In all the tests I've done, none of the intakes performed any better than the stocker with the silencer removed :(
what kind of tests have you done if you dont mind me asking

• Sponsors (?)

SaleenGT2001 said:
if you are interested in a CAI just PM me. i removed mine this afternoon in preparation for the novi install this weekend. i dont need it anymore. it has a HUGE K&N filter on it. at least a 9 inch filter and you can feel a differance with it especially with the big filter. if you want it make me an offer, if not i may run it on my lawn mower!

Wanna just sell the filter? Got any pics?

fluffyrunnells said:
i love my cai. so what it gives you 1 rwhp..??? pulleys give you crap, mid pipe can take away crap, new wheels give you no crap. nor do wings hoods or fenders. buy it because you can, and want to. it looks bad ass when i pop my hood..:nice: :flag: :flag: :flag:

i can prove you wrong on the pulley gains... and i got numbers and a stangnet member to prove it....:SNSign:

the98stang said:
:stupid: Your car will feel sh1t loads fast with gears :nice:

Yep....or a mid-pipe, tires, suspension, etc....I dont wanna badmouth the CAI but I hate to see people waste their hard earned money on crap.
05-06 GTs however seem to be a whole difference all together....I wish I had a 3v motor in my car:(

Black Stang 97 said:
i can prove you wrong on the pulley gains... and i got numbers and a stangnet member to prove it....:SNSign:

I agree pulleys give you a little more but still other mods should come first unless you just have a bunch of money to blow without any regard.

I installed a K&N drop-in filter as the first mod in my bone-stock 96 GT and felt nothing. A couple years later I installed a K&N FIPK and immediately felt better throttle response and SOTP acceleration. The cool gushing sound also helped. I can only comment on my experiences with K&N. YMMV.

just ordered a JLT RAI and i dont really care that it doesnt make that much power cuz its gonna look awesome under the hood. lol
...and in the next 2 days im ordering a TB and plenum. gonna install them all at once to see if i can feel good difference. :)