Combo Lined up..Give me some advice

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Alright...I think i got everything lined up here..and my car is almost pretty much apart...heads are timing cover are ready to come off...
Anyway...heres what I'm going to have... Thumper heards, GT-40 intake kit, frpp shorty headers, new timing chain, new fuel pressure reg, new starter, and whatever else little tiny things should get replacing...
What i wanna know is...with that setup..is my car gonna be like freakin nuts?? I have a high peformance rebuilt aod with shift kit and 2400 stall. if im cruising in 1st gear and mash the gas will it like go nuts..also ya think its gonna spin and go crazy through 2nd and 3rd? just wondering...im pretty excited...
ALSO...i wasnt gonna change the timing chain..but i almost have too with 165,000. soooo...Since im going to be RIGHT THERE..should i get cam? i really didnt want too..i was just gonna leave the stock..because ive read various places that it will help me keep low end...and such..which is what i want...i didnt wanna change that and then have to lead to buying more things...whats ur opinion?
FRPP timing chain should i go with?

• Sponsors (?)

I would definately do a cam, if your going to buy thumpers, then go with his suggestions, i believe he says a B or E motorsport cam.. I think your car will be a big improvment, but not nuts. Your weakest link is your block with 160k miles. But it will be a improvement!!

Thumpers....good
Gt-40 intake....there are better for the money you will pay
Frrp shorties....good

Get a performer or a trick flow intake...even the cobra intakes flow as much as the gt-40. They are not worth 600. I just got rid of mine. I liked it but there are better intakes for the money. I recommend the Eldebrock performer( not rpm) or TFS street heat to match your heads. They will flow good numbers and if you get a cam you will be able to cram a good amount of air in there.....but its your money