Confessions: Accidents

magnj

May 30, 2007
So I got in my first "accident" today, I rear ended someone. Luckily there was just a scratch on his bumper and we didn't have to exchange information. I broke my passenger side evening light and very slightly bent the front of the hood. I'm totally pissed because it was my first one :(

Now it's your turn to share...

• Sponsors (?)

i rearended a truck in my first mustang, an 87 t-top GT. it didn't total the car, but it needed a whole new front end...fenders, hood, bumper, bumper support, radiator, radiator support, headlights, etc. the dumbest part about it was i was still in high school and i was enrolled in auto body repair at my local votech, but instead of fixing it, i traded it for a 4 cyl coupe shell and a motor and trans. that was HELL, not having a donor car for all the rest of the stuff i needed. and then after spending 2.5 years converting the coupe over, it was sold out of an impound a month after i got it running. :mad::( that's a whole other story i don't want to get into.

last weds i was in my dad's 2001 Lincoln LS on my way home from school and i had a really bad day. well i was turning right at a very busy intersection and the lady in front of me slammed on the gas to go so i looked left saw that i had plenty of room to go and went... she had slammed on the brakes FOR NO REASON! so $3500 worth of damage on the lincoln and just a rear bumper on her toyota highlander(which already was cracked and covered in duck tape) so that was my first one.

woman pulled out in front of me. smash. totaled vert. she said i followed her into the driveway. she was a crazy one. her fault. i got a lil over 5k out of her insurance company. dont remember exact number.

last weds i was in my dad's 2001 Lincoln LS on my way home from school and i had a really bad day. well i was turning right at a very busy intersection and the lady in front of me slammed on the gas to go so i looked left saw that i had plenty of room to go and went... she had slammed on the brakes FOR NO REASON! so $3500 worth of damage on the lincoln and just a rear bumper on her toyota highlander(which already was cracked and covered in duck tape) so that was my first one.

ouch

I was sitting in a turn lane in my old 95 GT (back in 2000) when an 87 year old non-speaky English guy went between the turnlane and oncoming traffic. Took out 5 of us. My mirror was ripped off, my quarter panel was smashed and need replacement, my top got ripped, my tire got slashed and my wheel got tire marks all over it. The thing that pist me off the most was the wheels and tire. I just paid 900 for them 1 month earlier.

I hit a guy at the top of 3rd gear right in the rear, knocked my ass out for a minuite of two, and I lost my license for it, had to pay for a new truck and trailer, the only thing I got out of the car was the carpetm seats and the rear glass and the shortblock, thats the only things that werent bent, he pulled out in front of me, but I was hauling ass, so they ruled it on me.. and I got hosed!!

next year (right now): I have a 89hatch, built up 302/tremec 3550/complete supsension, lots of gauges, bout to do a good 5 lug on it, so its turning out well!!

Like 10 years ago i was driving the day after a snow storm...i had just gotten my license a few months before....well i looked at the readio for a quick sec next thing u know i come up on a big mac truck i tried slowing down..next thing i know im gettin creamed by a city plow truck on the highway..i blacked out didnt remmeber much ...remember wakin up and bein in an ambulance and rushed to the er.... the car was totalled..i almost died..wow im lucky

I have you all beat. This happened when I was a junior in high school. This picture is NOT a fake.

And yes, all 4 wheels are off the ground, only the corner of the back bumper and the cable supporting its weight. It stayed this way for 4 hours before 3 fire trucks and 2 tow trucks got it down.

View attachment 290193

Sorry for the grainy picture, the real picture was scanned and this is all I have on my computer. The newspaper photographer was a friend of mine and distributed wallet sized prints with the text as a joke a month later.

I have you all beat. This happened when I was a junior in high school. This picture is NOT a fake.

And yes, all 4 wheels are off the ground, only the corner of the back bumper and the cable supporting its weight. It stayed this way for 4 hours before 3 fire trucks and 2 tow trucks got it down.

View attachment 290189

Sorry for the grainy picture, the real picture was scanned and this is all I have on my computer. The newspaper photographer was a friend of mine and distributed wallet sized prints with the text as a joke a month later.

:lol::lol::lol: i cant... stop... laughing....