contact stuck in my eye

• Sponsors (?)

BDAWK2002 said:
My contact rolled behind my eye and I cant get it out!!!!!!!Anyone go through this before and know how to get it out???This is frigginn killin me!!!!!!!

lift your eye lid and start blinking, or cup your hand and fill it with water and stick your eye in there and keep flushing it with water. dont sleep with them in whatever you do. one dryed up on my eye and i scratched my corneia. not fun.

keep putting solution in your eye and moving your eyeball around, it will come out eventually. Ive had it happen to me before as well, not fun :notnice: Rotate your head so that your eyball goes down hopefully bringing the contact w/ it.

legalize420gt95 said:
lift your eye lid and start blinking, or cup your hand and fill it with water and stick your eye in there and keep flushing it with water. dont sleep with them in whatever you do. one dryed up on my eye and i scratched my corneia. not fun.
That's how it happened,I got a little drunk last nite and just passed out in my bed.Woke up this morning in extreme pain :notnice: Do you think squirting water in from a hose will help or will the pressure push it further in?

BDAWK2002 said:
That's how it happened,I got a little drunk last nite and just passed out in my bed.Woke up this morning in extreme pain :notnice: Do you think squirting water in from a hose will help or will the pressure push it further in?

most of the time for me it just gets caught in the upper lid, i dont think it can really go behind the eye but i could be wrong. try the pulling the eye lid and blinking and moving your eye around.

legalize420gt95 said:

I abused mine before too, like keeping them in for weeks straight. Developed an ulcer on my cornea, that was a little crappy. :nonono:

I'm not stupid now, they come out every time I sleep.

I never got one stuck, always could just blink and rub my eye and it would come out/.

I am GRGT1994's wife and also an optometrist. First of all because your ocular anatomy your lens cannot actually go behind your eye. It's probably just way up where you can't see it. It won't cause any serious damage but you should get it out ASAP.

Is it a soft lens or a rigid gas permeable lens? A soft lens you should be able to rinse out with whatever solution you soak your lenses in. A rigid lens may be more difficult to get out on your own. Let me know and I'll try and help more but I need to know which type of lens it is.

GRGT1994 said:
I am GRGT1994's wife and also an optometrist. First of all because your ocular anatomy your lens cannot actually go behind your eye. It's probably just way up where you can't see it. It won't cause any serious damage but you should get it out ASAP.

Is it a soft lens or a rigid gas permeable lens? A soft lens you should be able to rinse out with whatever solution you soak your lenses in. A rigid lens may be more difficult to get out on your own. Let me know and I'll try and help more but I need to know which type of lens it is.
she even comes onto stangnet for you?? what a woman :D

about teh contacts, thats hapened to me before also, infact 2 nights ago lol.....just take your hand and cup it, and fill it with saline solution, and stick your eye in your hand and roll your eye around...it will pop out eventually....i know it hurts like a bitch tho...... :nonono:

Thank's for all the replies everybody :nice:It got so bad this morning and I couldnt find the contact in my eye that I went to the E.R.It turns out the contact wasnt even in my eye anymore.During the nite while I was sleeping my eye caught some kind of infection and somehow the contact was forced out.Prolly cause my eye was tearing like a mofo.When I woke up my eye was so irritated that I thought the contact was still in there causing all this pain.So now I got some special drops that I have to use every two hours and my eye is still hurtin like hell.Moral of the story.....DONT SLEEP WITH YOUR CONTACTS IN....Thanks again everybody

matthiasj said:
I do have glasses, they're a lot easier :D
My only problem with glasses is that I lose them plus I play roller hockey so I kind of need the contact's.Contacts arent so bad as long as you dont sleep with them.Pretty cool that I can post up something like this and get all these replies trying to help even profesional help.I saw a couple of post last week complaining about this fourm....Pleeeeeaaaaaaaseeee.....this fourm rocks :nice:

I have glasses also, but I hate them. They are always falling down my nose and they are a pain in the ass to clean all the time.

Once i n HS I thought my contact fell out and I was fuxored because I didnt have spare glasses with me. About 3 hours later I blinked and it was back in place. I couldnt even tell it was in my eye, just not centered. And I thought I remembered my opthamologist telling me that they cant go behind your eye due to some muscle, but I guess eye lashes can.

I have always slept with my contacts in, but after tearing off part of my cornea when waking up one morning and having them dried to my eyeball, I swithed to a night/day contact that is safe to sleep in. I was always told you cannot sleep in contacts, then I switched optometrists, and they told me about these contacts you can sleep in. I thoght, wow, something new that will actually benefit me. However, she said that they had been around for about 5 years, so I don't know what crack the previous doctor was smoking and why I was never informed about them earlier. Glad to hear you got it out, I bet that was quite anoying.