control arm question

• Sponsors (?)

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but a lot of lesser quality aftermarket control arms squeak. Those with polyurethane only bushings constantly need greasing to keep them quiet. The only ones that don't are the ones that use a 3-piece design, or solid bushings.

So true, GearBanger! We took the D&D Motorsport LCAs off my wife's 01 - not sure what their problem was (the car came to us this way), but they did not have grease fittings, and would squeak constantly. I swore at and swore off LCAs...but now I know better - just gotta shop wisely. I'll insist on 3 piece or spherical bushings when we're ready to buy again. Maximum Motorsport, UPR come to mind as a couple popular setups.

Maximum Motorsports, UPR, Steeda, Metco, Griggs, Global West, and HPM all seem to be of a decent quality. I can't speak for Pro3i or Lakewood as I've never used them. I've been advised by many to stay away from Mac and X2C though.

Anyhow, I have Maximum motorsport Drag race lowers on my car with UPR double adjustable uppers and like my setup. Havent had any problems with them at all. Did pick up a bit more road feedback, but thats to be expected with aftermarket suspension components.

The choice is yours on what brand to get. Just make sure they are installed by someone who knows what they are doing and yes, you want to grease the bushings before install.

BDRs02BlkGT said:
No you shouldn't hear a thing. I installed the Pro3i LCAs and applied the grease and haven't heard a thing and that was about four months ago.
:stupid: Yeah, me too. Mine have been in well over a year. They have zerk fittings, so just make sure they are topped off with lube once in a while. They are a nice product -- big improvement in handling with a slightly more firm ride. Make sure you get the "street" arm with the poly bushings.
:nice:

I use MM street LCA's with spherical bearings at both ends. It actually has a break-in period of around 200 miles, but after that they are in comparison to stock, quieter and less squeaky.

Also, I love them. favorite suspension mod yet. They make the quad shocks extraneous so you can remove them. I did and get virtually no wheelhop.

-wade