coolant in the spark plug cylinder ?????

Bad Saleen

Jul 3, 2004
today i change my spark plug and on the passenger side of the engine inside all the 4 spark plug hole it seem to have some coolant in the hole because when i want to remove my plug the spark plug tool had some coolant on it

what is that ???????

• Sponsors (?)

First, please fix your sig - it's too long and nearly impossible to read.
Now, with coolant in the cylinder...that's not a good thing. If it's running OK and it's just a little bit of fluid, you likely blew the head gasket.

exactly not in the engine cylinder, only in the hole where the coil insert, this over the plug not under, i have a bullit manifold, how it can crack ???? does it can only be the intake gasket ????????? my prestone level is alsways at the same place

Bad Saleen said:
exactly not in the engine cylinder, only in the hole where the coil insert, this over the plug not under, i have a bullit manifold, how it can crack ???? does it can only be the intake gasket ????????? my prestone level is alsways at the same place
You have a bullet intake? Then it's either it, or the gasket, or maybe the nipple on the coolent tube or the coolent tube itself that goes under the intake manifold has sprung a leak and is spraying antifreeze onto the head.

tomustang said:
Well considering you can only pull 13.7 i'm guessing you have a NONPI GT. Looks like you need a PI aluminum intake.

Well, he has a bullitt intake manifold, so he must have done the swap. Either that or he has those weak ass plates that allow you to bolt it up. Maybe that's what is leaking.

i change my car i dont have anymore the car listed im my sign btw i try each time to cancel this sign but im unable also the car doesnt have any white smoke today i drive the car and i recheck inside the plug hole and all is dry no more coolant sign so this is sure that is not a gasket because it will leak all the time also i forget to mention that i have 700 rwhp in my car so this is probably a couple thing that it could happen when you have 15 lbs of boost !!!!!, i will try to post some pic of my engine today just for fun, i have all that you can imagine from the pan to the intake

tdaily2 said:
when the parts where changed out could be that who ever took the intake off ot spilled down there and just did not burn off
exactly what im thinking because today i drove 100 mile in 40 degree C and recheck in the hole again all is dry and clean so i suppose that it was left in the hole when they install my engine and now i clean all and it ok

Bad Saleen said:
exactly what im thinking because today i drove 100 mile in 40 degree C and recheck in the hole again all is dry and clean so i suppose that it was left in the hole when they install my engine and now i clean all and it ok
700rwhp and your driving it a 100 miles in 40 degree weather?
Glad to hear everthing seems fine!