COOLANT QUESTION

Mr_302

Sep 29, 2009
car has low coolant light on. isthat resvior the coolant for the radiator or do i need to add coolant inside of that too? and if i wanna flush the system where is the drain?

• Sponsors (?)

coolant level sensor is in the overflow bottle. when cold, add some to the radiator and fill the over flow to the cold fill, run till the thermostat opens and see if you need to add more.

the drain is on the passenger side towards the bottom of the radiator. big plastic nut.

CAR HAS BEEN SITTING FOR A WHIEL SO THE OVERFLOW IS A LIL LOW BUT THE RADITOR WAS FULL.:OT: WHAT IS THIS MEAN THE BUBBLES IN MY POWEER STEERING

Attachments

• CIMG0051.jpg
    CIMG0051.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 99
Just a word of advice. In my opinion it is much better to just take the lower radiator hose off even if you have to cut it off than to open the petcock. If the petcock is old and messed, turning it can crack the plastic tank on the radiator. A new radiator hose is much cheaper than a new radiator.

Kurt

If the reservoir has fluid but the light is on, remove the sensor and clean it. The prongs get crap on them and they don't conduct till cleaned.

Yep, alot of us have the low coolant light, it's simply that the sensor in the tank gets cruddy and won't take the reading correctly. Clean that up and the light should go off

Cheers,