Corbeau seat owners

Just looking for some helpful advice...

With the many options they have, I'm looking for supportive seats, that are also comfortable for a 2.5 hour drive. My main uses for the car are autocross, and cruising, so a mix between the 2 with a lean towards comfort would be ideal.

I only ask because everything I have read about their seats always say the same thing. Injection molded foam, side bolsters...etc!

Much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

i have a pair of their vx 2000 seats in black leather. they def the firmest seats i've ever sat in . but i think they are still comfy. they are very stable, do not bounce at all when driving agressively. i would def recomend them. but one important note on big bumps you will bump your head cuz they sit at least an inch higher.

I have the CR-1s and i think they are the best seats... but then again, my experience with aftermarket seats is not that vast.

I've taken several 1500 mile trips and they are the most comfortable seats for long drives. You'd think that b/c you're in the same position most of the time with the limited movement that the seat gives you that you'd get uncomfortable, but i have not had that experience. My GF thought they were nice for the long drive too.

one concern is that people over 240 lbs or so have a tight fit. Most of my friends are my size and it's not an issue (6'2" 190lbs) but the few bigger guys that ride in my car say that its a little uncomfortable. but they do sell adjustable seats i think

good luck!

I really like my Corbeau Sport Seats. They do not have too much bolstering though, probably not good for autocross, but comfortable. I prefer them to the stock ones in my Pontiac Montana. The are firm and supportive vs the soft cushy stock seats in the van. I opted for the lumbar support in the drivers seat. If you get some, make sure you buy the special application brackets so the seats will fit right in the stang. View attachment 393135

View attachment 393137

View attachment 393139

I have the Corbeau Forza's I think and I love them. Wife hates them due to no recline, but I could do 2hrs in them easy. Real firm frame and if you remove the seat cushion you actually sit "in" the seat and can't move. Just added 4pt harness and enjoy that support as well.

Like the one previous post though,,no fatties. Im at a 38" waist and it's snug.

I need a seat that sits a little lower and farther back. I have a 88 notch with a 14pt cage but im 6'2 220lbs. I currently have leather seats out of a 96 GT but my head is real close to the bar and my legs are a little cramped cause the seat wont go back any more. Any suggestions or is it a waste of money?

6'0 270lbs with 38" waist.

I aleady decided on the wide version of whatever seat I am getting. I appreciate all the feedback btw. The seat must be able to recline (gf would probably be a bit mad if hers didn't, and flip forward would also be good.

I'm leaning towards the black cloth TRS due to the larger bolsters plus deep foam. No dealer within 2 hours of me or I'd ass-test it.!

6'0 270lbs with 38" waist.

I aleady decided on the wide version of whatever seat I am getting. I appreciate all the feedback btw. The seat must be able to recline (gf would probably be a bit mad if hers didn't, and flip forward would also be good.

I'm leaning towards the black cloth TRS due to the larger bolsters plus deep foam. No dealer within 2 hours of me or I'd ass-test it.!

I see you're in Maryland, isn't CJ Pony Parts in Harrisburg less than 2 hours away? Last time I was there they had Corbeau seats on display.

hmmm, I emailed Corbeau and they had 2 dealers, but each were over 2 hours away. I live a bit South of Salisbury, which is kind of the far corner of Maryland, on the Eastern side of the bay.

Ill try and look up CJ pony parts. Much appreciate the info

I went with the Wide A4's, which are snug on me. 36-38" waist.

My only complaint is the cloth ones wear quick. Ive had mine for ~ 1 year and the cloth is getting thin and looks pretty worn. I should have spent the extra $$ and got suede. That and the foam in the side bolsters is kinda soft and there isnt enough of it to completely fill the cloth cover, so it kinda sinks in.

Ive thought about pulling the covers off and refilling the sides and maybe getting some shop to make some new covers.
I called Corbeau to ask about buying just the covers and never got a response... :notnice:

But all in all, they are great for the money, and are the only seats that have car specific brackets.

I bought a set of Corbeau TRS's. They are of great quality and comfort. i daily drive my car and have no complaints at all. it is such a huge upgrade from the stock 87 LX puffy seats that were inthe car before. here is a pic

photodisplay.php