Correct Way to Change Boost Pulley?

Drew1287

Mar 13, 2003
Louisiana
I have my 3.33 boost pulley and by looking at it, what is the correct way to change it? I dont wanna just stick something in my vortechs impeller or something, I wanna know the right way, does the charger need to come off the car? LEt me know, I cant find it on vortechs site. Also, how much boost should this pulley make, my 3.6 is only making 7psi. I hope the 19lb injectors are enough.

• Sponsors (?)

Drew1287 said:
I have my 3.33 boost pulley and by looking at it, what is the correct way to change it? I dont wanna just stick something in my vortechs impeller or something, I wanna know the right way, does the charger need to come off the car? LEt me know, I cant find it on vortechs site. Also, how much boost should this pulley make, my 3.6 is only making 7psi. I hope the 19lb injectors are enough.

I doubt 19# injectors will be enough at all. I think the Cobra Killer kit comes with 30# injectors.

:stupid:

I don't think the stock injectors will be enough either, even with an FMU. It may be worth attempting to loosen the nut that holds the pulley on with the blower on the car and the serpentine belt connected, but you will probably have to remove the blower to get the pulley off. You can get a pretty good estimate of your boost with the smaller pulley by comparing the ratio between the crank pulley to both blower pulleys and multiplying that by your present boost level. It probably isn't that linear, but should be fairly close to what you will actually see.

:nice:

Drew1287 said:
Ok, I need to upgrade, I get it, but what about changing the pulley?

Pulley change is simple.Just use a belt wrench or big pair of channel locks to hold the pulley while you break the bolt loose.THe bolt isnt torqued to a high amount so it should come off pretty easy.Then if the blower is cold ,the pulley will be able to be slightly pryed of tapped off.

Ive changed my pulley with the blower still on the car. :nice:

white99gt said:
Pulley change is simple.Just use a belt wrench or big pair of channel locks to hold the pulley while you break the bolt loose.THe bolt isnt torqued to a high amount so it should come off pretty easy.Then if the blower is cold ,the pulley will be able to be slightly pryed of tapped off.

Ive changed my pulley with the blower still on the car. :nice:

That's good to know. :nice:

I'm guessing your license plate makes you a target for local law enforcement... :shrug:

Your car looks good too... :D

Sam98 said:
That's good to know. :nice:

I'm guessing your license plate makes you a target for local law enforcement... :shrug:

Your car looks good too... :D

Actually .I dont get looked at to much by the law.It looks like another gt :D .My tag mostly pisses off the peaple in traffic .I even have grandmas passing me after they read the tag .

Thanks on thumbs up.I cant wait till my wleds go on to see what it looks like then (15x 3.5 and 15 x 10)