correct way to install a flywheel?

• Sponsors (?)

Now I am going to ask the same question. Because I am staring at my flywheel right now and it would appear that there are six ways it can go on. There is a weighted area on the back of the flywheel. Where should it be orientated. I usually just line up the extra hole on the crank with the corresponding dirty spot on the flywheel but it looks like I did too good of a job cleaning the flywheel this time. Please help quick!

MrKwik said:
Now I am going to ask the same question. Because I am staring at my flywheel right now and it would appear that there are six ways it can go on.

it would appear so, but the spacing of the 6 holes is such that is can only be mounted 1 way. If you mount it the 5 wrong ways, 1 or two of the bolts will not go in because the holes in the crank will be off.

If you can get all 6 bolts started by hand, it's on right.

Thanks man. For the record, I'm an idiot. I know I had heard that before and I had a total brain fart. I went back under the car right after I posted and got it lined up. All is well now. Now all I have to do is get the exhaust back on and I can take my new tranny for a test drive. It will be a treat to have second gear again :D