Correct wheel stud part#?

DK832

Apr 11, 2006
Copenhagen, DK
I'm swapping front brakes to 13" Cobras using MustangSteves brackets. Last night I had a really hard time getting the hubs of the 69 front drums I have found for the project, and I ended up cutting the drums & studs.
When looking at new wheel studs from ARP, Moser etc. I cant figure out what to order as replacement studs? Anyone have a hint for the right p/n please?

Thx,
Hans

• Sponsors (?)

Many autoparts stores carry studs of various brands (eg advanceautoparts, virginiaclassicmustangs). However why did you cut studs? you should have put them on a big press, although the drums would likely not survive.

The press just cracked the drums, even with proper support. I ended up with the hub and a piece of drum with the studs still stuck. Never had studs stick this hard! Grinding the studs free of the drum meant that I could press the remains out of the hub.
I need Summit P/N! I'm in Europe and 1/2"-20 studs are not exactly stock items here... :rolleyes:

Many autoparts stores carry studs of various brands (eg advanceautoparts, virginiaclassicmustangs). However why did you cut studs? you should have put them on a big press, although the drums would likely not survive.