Crazy 67 fastback prices

• Sponsors (?)

Eh, sucks to be part of the ones that like them. Sucks to be you. That's retarded. Stick around for a while and you can have a nice, brand new one for 10k. Always been my least favorite Mustang. Don't appeal to me at all.

Yep, Eleanor did it. The prices were going up already but that movie really inflated the values. A lot of people are buying them because they want to have a car like the one in the movie and not because they like the classic Mustang. Hopefully the craze will end soon and normal Mustang people (that is if there are any normal ones) can buy them for a reasonable price once again. Like the song could have been wrote says, "I was Mustang when Mustang wasn't cool." Nah, Mustang's always been cool.

That car is a pile! Unfortunately, as shown by that auction, they are only worth what people will pay. Luckily no one has done a Hollywood bastardization on a '69 fastback........yet. They are still high priced, but at least the demand is lower than the '67-68 FBs. Thats means its at least possible I'll have the opportunity to get one.

The other good thing is my '68 will never depreciate.

10secgoal said:
Eh, sucks to be part of the ones that like them. Sucks to be you. That's retarded. Stick around for a while and you can have a nice, brand new one for 10k. Always been my least favorite Mustang. Don't appeal to me at all.
Gosh, there are so many BS statements in this one post I don't know where to start. First off, there's a reason people are willing spend many times what a coupe would cost for a fastback, so I guess it sucks to be you. Second, regardless what you may think you will NEVER be able to buy a repro fastback body for $10K. Never. Look at what the convertible Camaro bodies are bringing, and tell me why the fastback bodies would be any cheaper. Repro three-window '32 Ford bodies are available in steel for a bit over $20K and they're selling all they can make. Don't know when they'll be making any Mustang coupe bodies. BTW, your sig is wrong. Try shifting your car at the torque peak sometime and let me know how much slower it is.:D

zookeeper said:
Try shifting your car at the torque peak sometime and let me know how much slower it is.:D

Try shifting yours with all hp and no torque and see how much slower you go. :rolleyes:

Anyways, something is only worth what people will pay. I would rather have this anyway! Its not a 67 but damn its sweet!

eleanortest15hi.jpg

Attachments

• eleanortest15hi.jpg
    eleanortest15hi.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 118
What, do all you coupe guys know each other or something? You're right though a car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay. I wouldn't lay out $5K for that rusted ebay fastback, either, but I'm not about to start calling the buyer or other fastback fans retarded.

zookeeper said:
What, do all you coupe guys know each other or something? You're right though a car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay. I wouldn't lay out $5K for that rusted ebay fastback, either, but I'm not about to start calling the buyer or other fastback fans retarded.

Actually we do....we also have comradery look it up you might learn something. Most of us dream of fastbacks but can't afford them so we get coupes. 10secgoal doesn't like them and he voiced his opinion. Did he call fastback fans retarded....no he called paying that kind of money for a heap retarded.

TheShagg said:
Sick indeed *barf*

Yeah I know. I've never been a big fan either until I saw that one and for some reason I like it. You should see the price tag for the body kit! If you install it yourself its 7k if you drop it off and let them do it and they will paint it for 12.9K, they even have a 26k kit that gives you 535 horses....all a little extreme in my book. hmmm let me give you 25k for a car then 26k for looks and hp hehe. I think I would rather have a 06 shelby

zookeeper said:
Gosh, there are so many BS statements in this one post I don't know where to start. First off, there's a reason people are willing spend many times what a coupe would cost for a fastback, so I guess it sucks to be you.

You could start by getting your facts straight and understanding the post as it was written. I feel sorry for the people that like them, because the ones that don't have them, the affordability is getting worse and worse. The price is retarded, not the people.

zookeeper said:
Second, regardless what you may think you will NEVER be able to buy a repro fastback body for $10K. Never. Look at what the convertible Camaro bodies are bringing, and tell me why the fastback bodies would be any cheaper. Repro three-window '32 Ford bodies are available in steel for a bit over $20K and they're selling all they can make. Don't know when they'll be making any Mustang coupe bodies.

Never is a pretty strong word, got a cyrstal ball or what ?

zookeeper said:
BTW, your sig is wrong. Try shifting your car at the torque peak sometime and let me know how much slower it is.:D

Good call, coulda told you that when I was 16. Who said anything about shifting at peak tq ? I'm talking about 500hp and 290ft/tq. That does not equal a fast car.

LMAO.... Eleanor is such a polarizing topic someone should do a study on why... I'd love to read it.

It's definitely affected the fastback prices but I think it's helped all Mustangs go up in value.

That movie came out a while ago, I don't see it dying down any. It will happen again when FF3 comes out :shrug:. I just consider myself lucky to own a nice car and enjoy it...