crazy idle issues

hey guys i just started noticing my idle changes when my car gets warm... it will stay at like 1200 rpms after driving it for a bit, but then it seems to go back down again, but when its down it kinda seems like its hunting for idle. it will go up and down. i installed a steeda seperator and i think that may be the problem, becuase when i started moving it around i noticed the idle kind of even out. but this thing seems to be catching a good amount of oil so i want to kinda keep it on. but i have it wedged on my AC hose to hold it up since its not mounted anywhere. just seems ike somewhere around that area is a vac leak. bought a PCV valve was thinking about getting the grommet too... let me know what you guys think. also there's no real difference in the way it idles with the IAC motor unplugged when its hunting.

• Sponsors (?)

First I'd say fix the vacuum issues. Otherwise you're never gonna solve the idle problem. Second I'd say get the Steeda separator mounted correctly and fix whatever the problem with it is that makes the idle change when you move it around. AFter those issues then I'd look at the IAC. If it still does not change idle quality when you unplug it then you may need to buy a new one.

I would bypass the separator (for now - for testing) if this occurred after plumbing it in.

Reactions: 1 user