Crome Screws for Foxbody Interior?

PonyBoy90

Founding Member
Aug 30, 2002
Toronto
Seeing as it's winter and I can't drive it, I've started adding billet pieces to my foxbody interior. As I was looking around the cabin for things to improve on I realized the black screw heads sticking out of the interior panelling looks pretty dull. Has anyone here replaced their interior screws with those of either crome, galavanized, or stainless steel?

A couple of years ago when I was cleaning up my door sill plates I decided to change out the stock black screws which were kinda rusty with stainless steel screws I got from the auto store. It looks pretty good, I just don't know if it's suited for the rest of the cabin.

A buddy of mine suggested painting the black cabin screws with titanium grey paint (match my interior colour). I'm not too keen on that idea as titanium grey is hard to match between getting a grey that's either too light or too dark thus making the panelling look "spotted". Also, paint adhession may be a problem when I go to armoural the panels and the paint starts coming off and I'm not keen on priming screws for paint either.

Lend me your suggestions and please post pics of sections of you interior if you've done something like replacing screws with stainless ones or painting screws to match your interior.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)