Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors Which ones to choose from?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the Baer Eradispeeds, actually I'm selling them along with some 4 piston Brembo calipers ( same ones as on the Cobra 2000R). The Baer Eradispeed plus are a two piece rotor. Very nice show quality. From what I was looking at with the other ones, they all look to be a 1 piece design. I have gone to Wilwood with my entire brake system and am waiting on a special rear kit from Specialty Brakes. Will have 13" rotors all corners, not cheap though, about $4000 for everything. You may want to look into Wilwood before you make the choice.

www.wilwood.com also www.specialtybrakes.com

The thread give you a lot of opinions.

BOTTOMLINE: Slotted BLING; Drilled/Slotted EXPENSIVE BLING ..... Decide what best fits you. Track whore ... street use only .... show diva etc...
Recommend: Slotted In case you do a little of all the above :nice:

I think the best set up for the street consists of Powerslot rotors front and rear, they are slotted and vented, and add Hawk pads all around, and boy did it make a difference from my stock cobra brakes which were good already

I own Baer...but not the 2 piece design. They are cross drilled and slotted. I bought them from a Baer Distributor in Virginia.... Delivered to my door in NY, $630. Can't beat that! Oh and you better get new pads too!

I added some pictures below...they are far shots but it will give you an idea of what they will look like...

Attachments

• DCP_2232.JPG
    DCP_2232.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DCP_0725.JPG
    DCP_0725.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 111
I would buy the brembos from the tire rack for 62 ea front, plain rotors no fancy bling but a good high quality rotor at a price that can't be beat.

I had cross drilled rotors and they were fine, they did crack a little but were still completely functional. I put about 55k on them, and even though they could have gone a little longer I decided that the brembro's were to good a deal to pass up, so I bought brembos for all 4 corners and got some stainless lines while I was at it. The brakes are as good as new now, I doubt I lost any performance to the X-drilled rotors (even compared to when they were new). They may even be better now, It's hard to tell.

I've got cross/slotted Brembos at all 4 coners! Look sweet, stop better than the stock ones(not that they were bad in any way) Keep a eye on e/bay! I got all 4 right to my front door 4 $330...brand new, still in the box!

I run the 2-piece Eradispeed Plus on my 03 Cobra. I don't drive my 03 hard on the street. I'm not a hard braker. Usually when I come up on a red light, people blow by me as I come to a gradual stop while they are standing on their brakes at the last second. I got one of the first 03's in the country in June of 2002. It arrived one month late. I had ordered a full exhaust and Baers in April so I would have them when the car was orginally was supposed to arrive in early May. This was my third Cobra. I drove it straight from the dealer and slapped on the exhaust and rotors the same day. Today the car just turned over 37k miles. About three months ago I had to replace the pads. That is when I really looked closely at my front rotors. I was shocked at the cracking around the holes. I am dissappointed. Although the rotors have seen it pretty easy on the street, I did give them hell at the track. I ran H&R spacers on the front so I could run skinnies. I made the mistake of buying 24 inch tall Front Runners. They add a few revs over the normal 26 inch tall tires. I really heated them trying to pull the car down from 125 mph traps when I tried to slow gradually and then got into trouble at the end running out of track and brake fade. I'm sure this caused some of the cracking but for the number of passes, I think hard driving would really cause severe cracking.

I painted my calipers Ford red and they look super sharp. Would I buy a set again? Yes I would but for the looks alone. My racing is straight line on the track only. If I were a road racer or drove hard on the street, I would run slotted only.

Thanks all for the replies and some cool pictures. My car is for weekends, but I also race it occasionally at Thunder Hill raceway in northern California. Looks and performance are both important, and I see great arguments for both types.