Cruise Control not working, Horn works????

kosmos

Dec 15, 2008
I havn't checked any fuses yet because I dont know which ones to check? Everything else in the car is working, I hit the on button on cruise control and it doesnt do nothing period?? it use to work couple months ago but I rarely use it, but im just wanting some help to try and fix it because I like my car to be totally functional....... thanks

My ? would be wheres the fuse to check??
what are other options that could cause this

• Sponsors (?)

I need to know where the fuse for it is so I can check it, 2000 gt is what I have, i dont know where the look for the fuse for cruise control, MY HORN WORKS AND ALL OTHER ACCESSORIES, so its just the cruise control buttons not working at all, they use to work. I never used them much so I wouldnt think the buttons are broke Im very good to my ride, so its either a fuse or something has come loose that was hooked up to the t/b or gas pedal, but first I need to know which fuse to check before I start trouble shooting, it doesnt show up in the owners manuel????

...but first I need to know which fuse to check before I start trouble shooting, it doesnt show up in the owners manuel????

You might pick up a Haynes manual for about $16 at just about any auto parts store. It's not the most authoratative source for Mustang repair, but it does have a lot of good info and may have the answer you're looking for. Good luck.
:flag:

i know there was a recall on fords cruise control on the explorers in 2000 2001 but i will check my fuse box in a couple of hours and let you know if there is a fuse for it i believe there is under the dash but check your owners manual that should tell you which fuse is which

when my 99 GT quit working I guy wrote ....there is a rod that attaches to the break pedal see if it got knocked off .......sure enough it was off .....put it back never a problem since 5 years ago I think

ok WELL HERE IT GOES,

today while driving I kept hitting the button to activate and nothing, dead as a doornail, than I thought I just put in a brand new clutch cable and clutch kit, so I thought maybe theirs a sensor on the clutch pedal?!?!?!?! SO I put my foot under the clutch pedal while driving and pulled back 1/8" back towards me while driving and sure enough when I hit the on plus set accelerator button it WORKED LIKE A CHARM, So im under the impression I need to move my clutch pedal back 1/8" towards me so the sensor has contact or I need to adjust my clutch cable a slight bit more???? NEED TO CALL MY INSTALL GUY TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS, it seems like a easy fix since its working with slight back pressure on the pedal which in theory is pushing the top of the clutch pedal towards the engine bay which means their has to be a sensor somewhere up their. :shrug:

ok WELL HERE IT GOES,

today while driving I kept hitting the button to activate and nothing, dead as a doornail, than I thought I just put in a brand new clutch cable and clutch kit, so I thought maybe theirs a sensor on the clutch pedal?!?!?!?! SO I put my foot under the clutch pedal while driving and pulled back 1/8" back towards me while driving and sure enough when I hit the on plus set accelerator button it WORKED LIKE A CHARM, So im under the impression I need to move my clutch pedal back 1/8" towards me so the sensor has contact or I need to adjust my clutch cable a slight bit more???? NEED TO CALL MY INSTALL GUY TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS, it seems like a easy fix since its working with slight back pressure on the pedal which in theory is pushing the top of the clutch pedal towards the engine bay which means their has to be a sensor somewhere up their. :shrug:

yes, there is a sensor where the clutch pedal is being stopped. you should be able to see it if you crawl under the dash.