"Crunchy" shifts

AquamanCHS

Sep 17, 2003
N. VA
Yesterday I started noticing a certain difficulty with shifting. It's hard to describe, though "crunchy" seems about right. There's no heavy grinding, it just seems like there's a bump or two when I'm putting it in gear. This happens with every shift, also.

This is all after my clutch started acting up last week. It wasn't slipping or anything (it shouldn't, it's brand new) but it was making some tapping and clicking noises when I pushed it all the way down. It doesn't tap anymore but it stil clicks lightly when I push it to the floor.

Does anyone know what my problem(s) could be?

• Sponsors (?)

i got the same EXACT problem you got with the shifting and the clutch noise. i found out that to get rid of it right when you start the car hold down the clutch and just start shifting through all the gears do this about five times or till you feel the shifts getting smoother (dont drive, stay stopped) and then while you drive and the car starts to warm up it should start to shift smoothly as far as the clutch noise goes mine comes and goes i was told by a ford tech that it was normal.

GreekStang85 said:
i got the same EXACT problem you got with the shifting and the clutch noise. i found out that to get rid of it right when you start the car hold down the clutch and just start shifting through all the gears do this about five times or till you feel the shifts getting smoother (dont drive, stay stopped) and then while you drive and the car starts to warm up it should start to shift smoothly as far as the clutch noise goes mine comes and goes i was told by a ford tech that it was normal.

Same problem here also. Looks like that's just the way it is. :(