crushed rice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if your car has a stolen engine and you don't know it? Say you do a one-gear pull with a guy doing the same next to you, and you get busted, you're in the exact same situation. Would you be a ricer? Rice, by definition (everyone has one) is: Visual modifications that serve no real purpose other than to give illusion to the car's real performance. Owning a Japanese car doesn't automatically qualify you to fit that description..I've seen a ton of Cavaliers and etc that do the same. Far too much blind faith on this board..go with what you hear and back it up until you die. Might as well call you martyrs.

damn go get laid or something man...trying to straighten out everyones take on whats rice and whats not...who's the real martyr?

i guess when the VIN tags just accidently "fall off" your motor thats totally normal and could happen to anyone...

the cops in that area wouldnt be doing this unless they had a serious problem with this. desperate times call for desperate measures

i think its funny how much attention gets paid to the usage of the word ricer instead of the car-crushing issue

note that i never said it has anything to do with having a japanese car, in fact i could care less what kind of car it is, or what is done to it. even if its got a gaudy body kit useless wing giant rims and ugly scoops all over it, if the owner is cool and doesnt act like a jerk talking smack and driving recklessly all over then i wouldnt call him a ricer. his car would be ricey but he wouldnt be a ricer. by the same token, a guy could have the cleanest looking well done and fast "sport compact" you have ever seen, but if he tells everyone else their car sucks and proceeds to weave dangerously through traffic then he is in fact a ricer. the term fits the sport compact genre better than it does domestic muscle, so therefore the jerks who drive "opposite-of-rice" mustangs, camaros, etc can just be @$s holes

• Sponsors (?)

Those cars are far from rice. They look like they have a lot of money put into them.

If you think that's bad..take a look at THIS

If you're too lazy (I know most of you are), I'll be brief. Some douchebag with a lot of authority in Ontario says that if your car looks like it has been prepared for street racing, they can crush it WITHOUT YOU ACTUALLY STREET RACING, OR BEING CHARGED.

The closest track is 2 hours away from me..I just ignore people who say "Take it to the track" like it's a one-size-fits-all statement.

Thats why I cant stand Laws like this as it gives someone Judgement to decide if you were Racing and then Seizing your Property and destroying it, that is just plain wrong!

Yep.. I refer to body kitted imports as rice. Kinda like a sport bike is a crotch rocket or rice rocket. All the fast japanese imports I know of personally lack any kind of body kit. Or horsepower adding stickers.

lol thats no true, the top secret supras and skylines have stickers all over them and body kits, but they are tastfully done and look pretty good. Stalker body kits (minus the rear bumper) look awesome on foxbody GT's, much better than the stock, is that rice if someone does a body kit on a foxbody? Just because they have a body kit doesnt mean its rice, it can be tastfully done and you probably wouldnt even notice the car had a body kit on it.

Me and my friends were hanging around looking for races and this yellow civic pulls in with a yellow roll cage and crome dragon painted on the side, we laughed and asked him to race our nitrous mustang. He said sure. We said $500?, he said sure without any hesitation. Something was obviously up, well weve never had our doors blown off so bad by a civic. We later found out it was going 10.20's at the track. It might look retarded but its not rice if its got the power to an extent.

The term rice has been beat to death so much, the meaning doesn't have an effect anymore. So many people use it just to refer to an import in my eyes calling something ricer, isn't anything to care about.

By the way $10K is not as much as you think... A good body work and paint job will cost half that. To build a stout motor, the right suspension, tranny and rear to plant it, $10K and you might be going low 11s, or into the 10s. This is by doing it right, not just by buying a motor, blower and a bottle, because that wont last. Even with a HCI fox putting out 350 to the tire, you should upgrade the crap brakes, the awful suspension, and the terrible chassis. That right there will knock a few thousand off your $10K.

I agree with a few here get off the "ricer" thing being thrwon around everytime it isnt a Mustang or Camaro being modified. Others use different cars to go fast, your going to have to live with that.

If it were my shoes I would be crying if they impounded my car, but these kids know this before they go out and race. They organize these big races put money down and do it every week. They know the consequences and until they are caught, you better believe they are most likely not worried about anyone crushing their car. Someone needs to be made an example of if the law states this is the punishment for the crime. LOTS of crimes have very harsh punishments. I know in my state it is a $2000 fine per missing cat which to me does not fit the crime. But the law says it, and we know before hand.

I have seen plenty of V6 Mustangs and Camaros Riced out and they make me want to puke as bad as the Riced Out Civics and the like. Lately I have been seeing Rangers and S-10s in the full Rice Treatment, Giant Fart Cans on them do not sound any better than they do belching out from under some Silly Civic!

There's a red 2000'ish V6 Mustang here with dual exhaust, huge round wing (like it came from a Supra or something) and a huge Mustang sticker on the back window :rolleyes:

The other day I saw a pretty clean V6 Mustang, I think it was a 95. Anyway it had the V8 wheels, dual exhaust with 3" tips... IT was nice but the kid was revving his "engine" like mad at the gas station, it did NOT sound like a Mustang should. He was pretty annoying too, I don't even do that with my V8. So I couldn't help it but say pretty loudly: "WE KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE A V8, YOU GOT NOTHING MUCH TO SHOW OFF I'D STOP THAT IF I WAS YOU"... :lol: Good thing I was in my accent, or I would have revved my 5.0L to show what a dual exhaust Mustang "should" sound like :D

But the ricers are more annoying, imo... I just can't take fart pipes anymore.

lol thats no true, the top secret supras and skylines have stickers all over them and body kits, but they are tastfully done and look pretty good. Stalker body kits (minus the rear bumper) look awesome on foxbody GT's, much better than the stock, is that rice if someone does a body kit on a foxbody? Just because they have a body kit doesnt mean its rice, it can be tastfully done and you probably wouldnt even notice the car had a body kit on it.

Me and my friends were hanging around looking for races and this yellow civic pulls in with a yellow roll cage and crome dragon painted on the side, we laughed and asked him to race our nitrous mustang. He said sure. We said $500?, he said sure without any hesitation. Something was obviously up, well weve never had our doors blown off so bad by a civic. We later found out it was going 10.20's at the track. It might look retarded but its not rice if its got the power to an extent.

Well, you like imports. To each their own. To me a front wheel drive will never be a true performance car. Hence the reason there are no Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc in fwd. How many of these top secret supras and skylines do you personally see on the streets here? If a mustang had a big ass wing(even the 00 cobra r), I'd think it was in poor taste. By the way, exactly how much downforce do you need on the rear wheels of a front wheel drive. I go to the tracks quite a bit, and have NEVER seen a 10 sec honda. I go to Island, Atco, and ETown. I saw one once that might have run that fast had it been running right(kept breaking up and losing boost for a whopping 18 sec 1/4), but it was FAR from a street car.
These fast imports you are referring to are the minority. Most are rice. You gotta admit that. And the fact that both my little bro and my friend's eclipse GSX's are both under 12 sec in the 1/4 doesn't mean I like the way they sound. As far as the body goes on both of those gsx's they are stock. No wings, no stalker kits, no single wiper conversion, no led washer nozzles, etc.. All they have visually is front mount intercoolers and fart cannons. That is tasteful. No Type R or VTAAAKKK! stickers.

BTW, were you at the track when you were hanging around looking for a race?

Well, you like imports. To each their own. To me a front wheel drive will never be a true performance car. Hence the reason there are no Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc in fwd. How many of these top secret supras and skylines do you personally see on the streets here? If a mustang had a big ass wing(even the 00 cobra r), I'd think it was in poor taste. By the way, exactly how much downforce do you need on the rear wheels of a front wheel drive. I go to the tracks quite a bit, and have NEVER seen a 10 sec honda. I go to Island, Atco, and ETown. I saw one once that might have run that fast had it been running right(kept breaking up and losing boost for a whopping 18 sec 1/4), but it was FAR from a street car.
These fast imports you are referring to are the minority. Most are rice. You gotta admit that. And the fact that both my little bro and my friend's eclipse GSX's are both under 12 sec in the 1/4 doesn't mean I like the way they sound. As far as the body goes on both of those gsx's they are stock. No wings, no stalker kits, no single wiper conversion, no led washer nozzles, etc.. All they have visually is front mount intercoolers and fart cannons. That is tasteful. No Type R or VTAAAKKK! stickers.

I agree, I go to the track often too. Engine swapped (N/A) Civics run on average in the mid to low 14's... some Turbo or NOS Hondas are in the mid 13's but can't go much lower due to traction problems. Still these kids with the faster "rice" can kick stock Mustangs in the arse but what they forget is that the Mustang they just beat is STOCK (as in; no engine swap, no turbo, no NAAWWWS). I see A LOT more 17 second FWD 4 bangers than I do 14 second and lower. I've seen a N/A 12.7 second Civic hatch ONCE but it had no interior, lexan windows, slicks, engine swap, I mean to trailor your car to only run what a Mustang fox should run with bolt-ons is borderline retarded in my opinion. To each his or her own. You can build yourself a 10 second Civic if you want but don't try and impress me with it because to me it's still a POS wrong wheel drived farting grocery getter.

I don't even like the S2000, that thing hardly has enough torque to unscrew a lightbulb. But I give it props for being a RWD sports car though.

let's see

our cars can have (engines in cubic inches) : 281, 289, 302, 331, 347, 351, 427, 460, etc...

1.6 = 96ci
1.8 = 108ci
2.2 = 132ci

Can I say OWNED?

Ricer-excuse-gaugeweb.jpg

I guess I am one of the few Mustang guys who doesnt mind a fast import or FWD car. There was a cute blonde girl driving an SRT-4 running high 12s all night. That earned my respect more than the guy with the 347 Mustang, with a C4, all sorts of goodies that was trailered up going 12.3s! She was out there with the FWD issue, and a 5-speed slamming gears, and basically the fastest Mustang was a trailered race car running junk times for the combo, and the guy didnt even have to really drive it, just point and go!

I guess I am one of the few Mustang guys who doesnt mind a fast import or FWD car. There was a cute blonde girl driving an SRT-4 running high 12s all night. That earned my respect more than the guy with the 347 Mustang, with a C4, all sorts of goodies that was trailered up going 12.3s! She was out there with the FWD issue, and a 5-speed slamming gears, and basically the fastest Mustang was a trailered race car running junk times for the combo, and the guy didnt even have to really drive it, just point and go!

I like the idea of the Cute Blonde just not her choice in cars, LOL! Since you said there are so few Mustangs, Camaros, or American Muscle at the Track its no suprise that you were impressed!

Well another way to look at is if cops raid a home and confiscate drugs etc. They dont sell it to charity, they destroy it (unless they are crooked). Street racing is illegal, so it makes sense to destroy the cars. And of course within reason. The only reason they are cracking down in this area is the epidemic of the fast and delerious ricers that show no respect for other drivers and young kids are actually getting killed. I dont see the feds making this a nationwide campaign , for this is a good message for ricers everywhere. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

For some reason I think after taking off all of the "speed" parts there wont be much left of these cars , not to mention they are probably hacked up and unsafe to drive in general. (spend money on "speed" parts and not maint (blown seals/axles/clutches/hacked electrical systems etc) Lets face it , the cars are useless to the general public and the message sent is priceless.

BTW- notice no stangers .... because they got away :nice:

just my .02

Well another way to look at is if cops raid a home and confiscate drugs etc. They dont sell it to charity, they destroy it (unless they are crooked). Street racing is illegal, so it makes sense to destroy the cars. And of course within reason. The only reason they are cracking down in this area is the epidemic of the fast and delerious ricers that show no respect for other drivers and young kids are actually getting killed. I dont see the feds making this a nationwide campaign , for this is a good message for ricers everywhere. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

For some reason I think after taking off all of the "speed" parts there wont be much left of these cars , not to mention they are probably hacked up and unsafe to drive in general. (spend money on "speed" parts and not maint (blown seals/axles/clutches/hacked electrical systems etc) Lets face it , the cars are useless to the general public and the message sent is priceless.

just my .02

+1

You can't put so much strain on a small engined car. All these fast rice imports that are running good times at extremely high rpms which in turn will take its toll on the smaller engines that are inside the cars. Sure some ricer can brag about his 13 second 1/4 but ask him to run it again 50,000 miles later. I bet you he can't if hes putting that much strain on his engine during daily use... Let ricers be ricers cuz they wont be ricers for many more miles or their just turning their cars into ugly money pits.:flag:

just my .02

Naturally the destroy the Drugs in a raid but not the Persons House! I still dont agree with this Policy as I can see myself driving along minding my own business and some Ricer Punk pull up beside revving his engine and belching his fart can and a Cop a half mile up the street pulls us both over and confiscate and destroy the cars for nothing other than the Ricer Kid being a Douche!

well what it boils down to is people are dyeing , its not rocket science. If they keep giving the kids moving violations they are still going to drive like morons and killing innocent passengers. It is extreme but effective.

I suppose more strict license suspensions could be another option, but it is the GUV A NAH OF CAL A FORN I A we are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.