Cut the mufflers off today!!

Frank99TA

Nov 28, 2004
Well, after listening to countless sound clips from all the different companies, I decided to bite the bullet and just cut off the mufflers. I went down to the muffler shop and had them fab some pipe and put on some really nice tips. The sound is awesome. IMO, I really don't think its that loud.. especially considering there is no muffler. My GTO had straight pipes and it was, I dare to say, too loud. The interior drone is minimal and sounds very smoothe on accerlation inside the cab. The outside, well, my wife says its loud but I don't think its that bad at all.. I was expecting a lot worse. It also might help that the tips I bought have small built in baffles, but I don't think it muffles it all that much.

• Sponsors (?)

In regards to your question, and this is just my opinion, I would say probably yes. I don't think the cab is that terribly loud that you weren't hear a backseat passenger. Of course if you like to wind out the gears, then probably not. I would try to listen to somebody's first before I did it though.