DAMN! BODY KIT TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

96v6firstcar

Jul 22, 2003
maine
WOW THIS HAS GOT TO BE ONE OF THE MOST DECENT BODY MODS IVE SEEN TO DATE!
and only 1000! thats not to bad seeing as thats close to a body kit price!
the kit can be found at http://mustangtuning.com/targamustang.html

dont get me wrong im not a fan of the color choice, and rim color choice but that on a newer gt would be SAWEEEEEEEET

Attachments

• mustangtuning_1791_1936342.gif
    mustangtuning_1791_1936342.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 256
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm sure it would look sick, but you've got to have some huevos to cut your roof like that. Plus, be aware that it isn't a $1K mod...it would run you close to $5K by the time you were finished with all of the parts, labor, paint, etc.

because you'll have to do a lot more than get a couple of pieces of fiberglass painted. You are going to have to take it to a shop, their time and materials alone will come out to a couple of grand even if it fit perfectly. Then there is the fact that the kit is NOT going to fit your car perfectly...after thousands of miles of driving on any chasis, no matter how well you stiffen it your body is going to flex and a kit like that one is going to need a LOT of fabrication to get it right...so tack another several grand on to that.

That's how I get to $5k for a $1k kit.

Phoenix00GT said:
because you'll have to do a lot more than get a couple of pieces of fiberglass painted. You are going to have to take it to a shop, their time and materials alone will come out to a couple of grand even if it fit perfectly. Then there is the fact that the kit is NOT going to fit your car perfectly...after thousands of miles of driving on any chasis, no matter how well you stiffen it your body is going to flex and a kit like that one is going to need a LOT of fabrication to get it right...so tack another several grand on to that.

That's how I get to $5k for a $1k kit.

Correct. Anyone who cuts the roof of their car to turn it into a targa top without prior knowledge of how to correctly do it is gonna end up getting burned, period. You can't just cut the top out and paint a couple pieces and slap them on the car. The car is not built to take that. The roof of the car adds a lot of rigidity to the entire chassis. That's why convertibles are heavier than coupes, because they have to do other things to the chassis to make the car strong.

It looks like @#&$* anyway; I can't see why anyone would want to do that to a Mustang.