Dare I Do It? Thinking on buying a 20" cobra-r Rim

Incoming cheesy chop:
you had to expect one right?

Here's a car similar to mine, with cobra-r rims
the only thing is his rims are polished, not chrome, but you get the idea.

The original picture is with 17 inch rims:

20inchbefore.jpg

and here are my imagined 20 inch rims:

20inchafter.jpg

Do you believe that this is an accurate representation?

• Sponsors (?)

matthiasj said:
white saleen's would be :drool:

see you and wyt have the same idea i do,
i LOVE the saleen rims... and if they made a 19 or 20 inch rim, i'd be ALL OVER THAT. in a heartbeat.
ideally i want a 19 inch saleen rim, but it won't happen...

the reason why i didnt go with a white saleen rim was because i didn't want my car to look sporty, but rather classy with the rim.
if i had a white rim, i thought it might look too "race"

If you go outside and measure your 17's from lip of rim to lip of rim in diameter, it's actually 18 inches. Putting 20's on your car will look like 21's. 19's will look like 20's....and so on. Go with 18's if you must, I think 19's would look kind of crazy

Ram000 said:
holy crap, aaron posted something constructive! better take his advice, caldwell, before he makes a perminant change.

Hahhaha, burned. that's hilarious. these guys know you better than you'd think eh aaron? :rlaugh:

94-302-vert said:
DO IT!!!!

I think it looks good... I wouldn't want to drive on it but the point of showing the car is to make people say "WTF"....

That's my thing.
It's difficult to explain, but like, i own my drive tires, my saleen reps, and i LOVE them, but if i decide to go show with this car, i'm going to want something to have it stand away from the crowds... the thing is, will 20s do that?
I still want a mustang rim too... just because if you go really huge, and it's some random ass Foose rim, it's harder to stay with style than gotty.

First pic with the 18's looks 100x better IMHO.

I get what you're saying about standing out, but I believe with the Mustang you should "stand out" but still keep it stylish.
Sure a Civic with 100 TV's and a crazy body kit might stand out and win a show, but to 9/10 people it is retarded.

18s are way better. 20s look ridiculous.

But at the end of the day, it's YOUR car. Do what you want.

But then again, you say you're doing it to stand out at a show, which will ultimately be the bane of *other people's* perspective and opinion, so I guess you should listen to the masses - LOL.

One thing, though, what shows are you talking about? Out of all the FFW & NMRA Ford Nationals I've been to, I never saw a ride with 20s even place in its class. The orange Mustang you posted has "fastandfuriouseast" tagged on it. Now if THOSE are the kinds of shows you're going to go to, then 20s will probably be more accepted. Might as well add neons, a few Playstations and X-Boxes while you're at it though, otherwise you'll come off as hokey because you only have 20" rims. :rolleyes: To those people, it's like whoever has the most trendy **** from Pep Boys/etc. crammed into his car is the one with the best car. :shrug: