Dash Pad/Trim & Seat Q's

maysn

Jul 17, 2002
Durham, NC
I've finally gotten back to working on the '65. I started installing the interior stuff, like door panels, handles, gauge cluster, radio, glove box & door. My question is about the proper way to install the dash pad. Is there a write up on this? It seems to not fit as well as I had hoped and I feel that I'm doing something wrong. Also, I've misplaced the dash trim for the pad, does anyone make a repo of this?
Also, I am redoing the front buckets, any write ups on how to get the medal piece in the center of the seat hog ringed correctly?
Thanks.

Picture%20001.jpg

Work in Progress

• Sponsors (?)

maysn said:
I've finally gotten back to working on the '65. I started installing the interior stuff, like door panels, handles, gauge cluster, radio, glove box & door. My question is about the proper way to install the dash pad. Is there a write up on this? It seems to not fit as well as I had hoped and I feel that I'm doing something wrong. Also, I've misplaced the dash trim for the pad, does anyone make a repo of this?
Also, I am redoing the front buckets, any write ups on how to get the medal piece in the center of the seat hog ringed correctly?
Thanks.

Picture%20001.jpg

Work in Progress

What isnt fitting right with the dash? It seems to me like most dashes dont fit very well. On my 65 i just kinda of had to make it fit. Are you talking about the holes where the dash meets the windshield?

I think mustangs unlimited sells the trim.

There's a lip on the pad where it meets the windshiedl, does this go under the windshield rubber or over it? I put this under the rubber and was able to get the two bolts into the dash holes. i thought that this would line things up, but the area pre cut for the speakers is wrinkled up. Also, its been 3 1/2 years since I had a dash pad on this car, but this pad seems so much thicker that the one that came off.
I've called NPD today, and they said that no makes repo's of trim.