Deciding between 05 Stang or 02 Trans Am

Well, if your deciding against the '02 T/A or an '05 Trans Am your going to get about the same power ratio (stock).

However, with near the same HP, the old LS1 Trans Am's were still faster all thru the powerband and especially after second gear.

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the 02. Got any pics yet?

As far as the rear goes, some break, some don't. I've heard of stock 6M cars breaking them and I personally know a guy with a heavy 00 WS6 T/A vert with an incon twin turbo system that runs a modified 4l60 and a stock rear and has run a best of 10.17 in the 1/4. He ran this summer and went to the track every weekend. He sometimes runs Friday nights and then on Sunday at another track. Although, I think it lasted about 4-5 months. He's pushing about 700 rwhp though. What do you expect from a 7.5" rear :rolleyes:

i had 1 ls1 ta b4 and i think that car has top quality good work from gm the only thing that really was a pain @SS was the position that u sit... i like the way mustangs r shorter and u sit straight up... now as far as quality? hahaha ford quality its a joke i own a 01 gt now and quality its something that i dont think they care about... and the 05 even more of a joke maybe the gt and up has better quality ... my gt 05 v6 the interior its horrible... i dont think what people think is the best or not will help ya just got to compare price vs taste and what can u afford... even with all the power and quality of ta/camaros i dont think i would get em for a daily drive just for the fact that i like how confortble u sit in a ford(hurts to say that by been a gm guy 67 corvair(one of the most great engineer i seen from gm) 84 chevy elcamino 5.7l tt but i still love my stang