Deer Damage '11 GT

dhcolesj

Nov 11, 2010
Dickson, TN
So, six days after I get my '11 GT Premium a deer from what I can guess, decides to try to climb into the Driver's seat. :eek: I would have killed the darn thing with my bare hands if I could have found it after it happened. It was so dark all I saw was a dark shadow in the mirror. :fuss:

2010-11-15_07-56-39_984.jpg

First Angle

2010-11-15_07-55-41_522.jpg

Second Angle.

Currently being worked on. Can you believe this? Stupid deer. I guess the cool part is esurance is posting the pics of the work each day. They had to completely replace the right rear Quarter Panel.

• Sponsors (?)

I couldn't find the deer so no venison either. grrrr.
They're workin' on it, looks pretty darn rough at the moment. I'll put up the pics I have of the work when I get home. Firewall guys block pics here @ work.
Deer scratched the door handle (hence why I think it was trying to get it such a fine ride :D ), very slightly curled the door edge just behind the handle, scratched the Louvre over the 1/4 window, scratched up the side scoop, and ruined the quarter panel completely.

Damn, a deer did that? Holy smokes, I would have the ole Mossberg 12 gauge out with 00 buckshot just waiting for it to come back. And to think I was dealing with 6 jack russels (dogs) trying to get some cats that climbed on my car and took shelter on my roof (I was not home during this, my grandpa said he heard some dogs barking outside, he just had knee surgery and couldn't get up) the dogs managed to completely rip off my hood pin lanyards and clips, not to mention while they (the dogs) were trying to get on my WAXED car hood, they kept sliding off the hood putting nearly 70-80 scratches on it and I thought that was bad, now I feel kinda lucky compared to what happened to you, man I hope they can fix your car perfectly, you have my condolences.

Hmm i think that looks a bit more like major squirrel damage those things love mustangs! They usually explode on impact so they dont leave much evidence or a body. haha

Pics.

First the "Before they start Pic": (Notice the weather very much reflects my mood at the time they took this one)
2010-11-30-The%20BeforefixingPicture.jpe

First Day, they have the Quarter Panel on.
2010-12-01-NewQuarterPanelon.jpe

Then They get it all wielded up:
2010-12-02-NewQuaterPanel.jpe

At this point I can't tell if they've removed the back glass or not.

Started Painting, looks like primer:
2010-12-03-BeginPaint-Primer.jpe

In this one it does indeed look like the back glass is gone. DANG IT. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to worry about that.

That's where it stands today. I just figured if you're like me this is quite interesting.

I never thought about suing the deer. Then I could just let the local Sheriff find the stupid thing! Then I can drop the suit, kill the deer and Dinner is served!
See Ya'
Howard

Sorry to hear about your mishap.
The pictures are interesting please keep on adding.
The back glass has to come out if you are replacing the qtr panel, there are welds under the glass that join the qtr panel and roof line.

Not Sure about the bottom of the Quarter Panel. That puzzled me as well. I'll have to ask about that when I get the car back.

The Window Scoop? If you mean the 1/4 Window Louver that's probably still attached to the original Quarter Panel. Along with the Side Scoop Just behind the driver door. Both are supposed to be replaced (or repainted and reattached, can't remember now).

Well, its either getting uglier or better by the day depending on how you look at it. I'm still kinda worried that some of the primer dust got on the seats as in the last pic it didn't seem they had the whole back window covered. But here's the result:

2010-12-06-QuarterPanelPrimer.jpg

Expected delivery date is 12/14 so there's still a week's worth of work evidently.

I hope no one is getting tired of this, but I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Looks like they have the Quarter Panel Painted, and windows installed. I'm sure some clear coating, etc. still needs to be done, but to see it blue again is a good sign!
2010-12-08-QuarterPanelPainted.jpg

Well, its getting there. Looks like the 1/4 window Louver is all that is left.

2010-12-10-Itsbacktogether.jpg

Update: As I was posting this they called me telling me it was ready to pick up. I won't have time today, so I'll have to get it Monday. I'll take a pic or two then and post it up!

From that last picture it looks like they did a great job, this has been a really cool thread to watch the progress of the repair to your Stang, please do post up a few pics after you pick it up, and let us know how it looks IRL.

:nice:

Got the car back, but its been too rainy to get a quality picture of the outside work. I have some aftermath pictures of the inside "work" they did on my car.

Pic 1 is the seat behind the driver
MustangBackSeatpic1-1500x1125.jpg

You'll see the metal shavings they left behind for my son to find and sit on. Lovely on that Leather I assure you. :eek:

pic two is the floor board where you find more metal shavings and some other kind of blueish flacky material.
MustangBackSeatpic2-1500x1125.jpg

Pic 3 is the passenger side rear seat with more of the combo of flacky blueish material, metal shavings and other "trash".
MustangBackSeatpic3-1500x1125.jpg

pic 3 represents just how much "care" they took on the inside of the car altogether.
MustangBackSeatpic4-1125x1500.jpg

Lovely huh? I found black smudges on the front seat and a whitish dust over everything.