Delays, delays, delays...!!!

2nd Mustang said:
Sorry to hear about your mother, but here's hoping for the best for you too. BTW, why the 20th, today is as good a day as any to stop. I stopped smoking the day that Sammy Davis Jr. passed. Everything went in the trash and never lit one up since then, and that was May 15, 1990, at 3 packs a day!

One last hoorah so to speak, we are going camping this weekend and I plan to drink heavily (which means more than 2 beers in my case). I was told that a good approach is to set a date and to work towards that date. Also, the "remedy" that I will be using to assist me says I have to start at night before I go to bed, I figure, what better time to quit than Monday. I will be very occupied with work and my mind will not be on smoking. If I try to quit this weekend, I will get bored. An idle mind is the devil's tool when it comes to smoking. I smoke when there is nothing better to do.

That, and I am a weak willed little man who needs the comfort of knowing I can smoke right now. The whole reason for this little camping trip is to release the pressure from the last 4 months of work and the news about my Mom. I just worked for 4 months only getting 3 hours of sleep every night. I am going to get very drunk and smoke a lot of cigarettes, then I will feel much better.

I am soo pathetic some times. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I drank a glass of wine with dinner a few weeks back. I turned so red I could've lit up the San Gabriel Valley that night! As far a smoking, I found sunflower seeds to be a good replacement therapy item. In fact, my job is so stressing now days, that I just went back to sunflower seeds again...I just tell myself it's part of the fiber therapy! :rolleyes:

As the initiator of this thread, I'm going to invoke my perogative to hijack it back to the topic for a moment.............. :p

I greatly appreciate all the support and prayers, and will provide updates as to how I am fairing, to that end here is a synopses as to what has been / is going on......
In Nov '99 I had been diagnosed with a very aggressive form (large B-cell) of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma that was already at stage IV by the time we knew what was going on. I was so ill, the doctors told my family to start making funeral arrangements.........after an arduous battle which included two different chemo regimens, radiation, mono-clonal antibody therapy (Rituxan) and plans for a stem cell transplant (which btw, never occurred-the donor cells are still on ice and available should I need them), I attained remission in March '01.

My current diagnosis (after three years of remission:( )is a much less aggressive form of small cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My treatment now will consist of a once a week I.V. infusion of monoclonal antibodies (Rituxan), and starting with the third treatment of them we will add a chemo cocktail to the mix. Chemotherapy will be a one day I.V. infusion every two or three weeks x6 rounds.
The good news is there are NO side effects :banana:from the Rituxan, and the chemo we will be using only makes me sick :puke:for 2 - 3 days, so I shouldn't lose too much time from work.

Again, my heart felt thanks to my Stangnet family....... :hail2:

If anyone is interested, I do send out periodic e-mail updates called "Fritz-O-Grams", PM with your e-mail address and I will add you to the mailing list.

GOD Bless you all.

I now return you to our regularly scheduled hijacking already in progress! :D

65stanger said:
I now return you to our regularly scheduled hijacking already in progress! :D

I dunno, maybe I should hijack it over to the hot new redneck soap. "As the Horse-DooDoo Turns"!
[frightful cheesey organ music]

EDIT: Wait, I'll hold off on that for a few.....I'm still working on the lyrics for the theme song. Melody is no problem; just trying to work out making the words fit to the ripped-off score from Beverly Hillbillies!
:D :D :D :D

StangDreamin' said:
I dunno, maybe I should hijack it over to the hot new redneck soap. "As the Horse-DooDoo Turns"!
[frightful cheesey organ music]

EDIT: Wait, I'll hold off on that for a few.....I'm still working on the lyrics for the theme song. Melody is no problem; just trying to work out making the words fit to the ripped-off score from Beverly Hillbillies!
:D :D :D :D

Lord, please no! I don't know what annoys me more, Soaps or rednecks!

*edit* In other news, a very good friend of mine was voted "life most likely to be depicted in a soap opera" in high school! haha only time his school had ever done that superlative before or since!

65stanger said:
You're doubly screwed then, 'cause this is a REDNECK SOAP!
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Probably the ONLY time you'll EVER see those two words together too!!! :rlaugh:

God I hope so!

It's kind of Ironic that I feel that way being that I live 30 minutes from Alabama and I'm in Georgia! But you know, I actually like Alabama alot...it keeps Mississippi reeaaaaalllly far away. :)

The most important point you must remember is that this is a Southwestern Desert Redneck soap opera. We don't snivel about the small stuff.... Things like this only occur when there is a good possibility that the outcome may include bodies being "lost" in long-abandoned mineshafts.

Like any other Redneck soap; there will be the obligatory line, "They're finally about to learn just exactly how much of an a$$#ole I can be!" :mad: That scene has already been shot (and it was my line). However, no properly penned western Redneck soap will be presented without at least one scene involving scorpions and/or coyotes "having lunch". This may well be no different; time will tell.

Gotta go now, time to take a shower and go take part in the next intrigue filled scene.

Still Dreamin'