Deleting smog stuff...

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
What is involved in this?

Id like to just get all of the crap out of my engine bay. I need to do a tune up and I remeber how much of a PITA the rear passenger side plugs were to get to.
So what do I need to do to get that crap out? Im gonna start looking for a shorter belt and take my pump out once I get every thing takes out.

• Sponsors (?)

i bought a smog eliminator bracket, cut everything out, then took the head plugs and switched them around so the heads are sealed off. Now at the same time I installed all this I installed a Dr. Gas x-pipe which has no smog pump tube, so you'll have to figure something out with that.

did you guys install the plugs while the heads were on the car or off? it seems like it would be a real bitch to put those plugs in with the heads on the car.

my smog/egr has been deleted for awhile now but I just have that metal line capped..

A delete pulley makes it 100 times easier as far as the belt is concerned.

I got the ASP pulley for mine. It fit really nicely on the vortech bracket...unfortunately, my bracket got a bit of a crack and the pulley started getting pulled upwards so now the belt flies off of it. I'm running a short belt until I can get that bracket welded.

the short belt seems to be a hit or miss. I run a 84.5 inch belt (I have a vortech bracket) and it worked fine for about 2 weeks..then started squeaking. I covered it with prestones belt dressing for about 2 weeks when I'd start it up to stop the squeaking. Now, I only have a squeal on a cold start-up that lasts like a minute and is hardly noticeable. I don't have to use soap or belt dressing anymore.

I also cut the pipe off between the blocks and flipped them. I used RTV sealant and they haven't leaked yet. I also ran a shorter belt. I didn't wanna monkey around with pulleys and crap. Thought it was gonna be a problem with my blower setup, but it worked out pretty nicely!

Trickflow also sells plugs for the back of the heads TFS-51400265. Called thermactor plugs. You can also get them through Summit for $3.95 apeice. They are the same as the front plugs on the heads that the front acc. brackets bolt intro.

Kinda a pain to get in with carbon deposits being the main issue... more so if the heads are still on the car.