Detailing

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by 1999redcobra, Jul 15, 2007.

1. MustangDanny

MustangDanny Founding Member

While all these precautions are not absolutely necessary they are just that, precautions. When someone spends big time and/or money on getting a swirl free finish, they usually want to take every precaution to prevent re-introducing swirls or marring to the paint. Sure none of these techniques are perfect, but all together they do help keep your paint defect free.
  2. wytstang

wytstang Advanced Member

Summerville,SC missing South Fl. weather :(
    Don't use a sponge use a sheepskin wool mitt. It gives the dirt/grit a place to go (up into the fiber and away from the paint. With 2 buckets and a grit guard it should look like this (picture from autopia)
    [​IMG]
    Left bucket is the rinse bucket and the right clean bucket is the soap solution.
  3. Kraw

Kraw Nail On The Head El Moderatoro Founding Member

I just said sponge for simplicity. I actually use something with microfiber "fingers" on it.... oh and dish washing detergent. Gets a squeaky shine every time :D

I may try the dual bucket method after I break in the PC on my Yukon. Really no point in it now